Chapter 94

Suspicion

Mr. Chen personally walked to the front gate to light off the firecrackers after all the dishes were served. The firecrackers rang for a long time as they circled the restaurant's entryway. Zhuo Yun and Qin Shuwen joined hands to greet others who had come to congratulate them.

Xu Ran went to bring his kids back, then went to the table of the Qin Family's elders and let Tangtang and Guoguo greet them one by one.

Qin Family had a large number of members. There were approximately two tables of children. After greeting them, Xu Ran escorted the two children to the younger generation's table, where Qin Shuwu was also present.

Xu Ran beamed and said, "Brother Qin, why are you here too?"

Qin Shuwu pulled a long face. "They handed this group of children to me. Do you think I'm willing to sit here?"

The children then all glanced up at Qin Shuwu at the same time. Qin Shuwu promptly gave up his position "I'm definitely planning a trip here. I chose to come here." The children were then satisfied and continued to converse.

Xu Ran found it funny, "Brother Qin, it's nothing. Don't you see I'm sitting here, too? There must be someone watching so many children, right?"

Qin Shuwu nodded. "That's right. By the way, why didn't I see you just now? Where did you go to hide in order to slack off?"

'To slack off? 'What in the world is that?' "Says Xu Ran," he says "The moment I arrived, I was pulled to the kitchen to be an overseer. I couldn't possibly slack off. You didn't notice Guoguo and Tangtang with Zhuo Yun just now, did you?"

"That's right. Those two kids of yours are really sensible. They helped to hand out happiness candies at such a young age. And they are quite good at calculation."

After Qin Shuwu praised Tangtang and Guoguo, he saw Xu Ran's complacent expression. Qin Shuwu looked at him in disdain, "What is that expression? I'm praising the children, not you."

Xu Ran was even prouder. "The kids are mine and I also taught them."

'Fine.' Qin Shuwu had nothing else to say.

On one side, the two of them conversed, while a group of youngsters argued vehemently, although the two of them couldn't comprehend what the children were saying regardless. Mr. Chen finally proclaimed the start of the dinner after a while, and everyone began to take their chopsticks.

Someone began to make a toast to Zhuo Yun before they had taken two bites of meal, and those who could drink all drank the toast. Xu Ran was not a fan of toasting. He couldn't speak much because he had to go home with the two kids later.

Xu Ran was halfway through his meal when he noticed Zhuo Yun was free, so he went up and handed Zhuo Yun the gift for Qingshu. Zhuo Yun didn't want to wait for the ceremony to end, so he opened it right away. He even made a joke about Xu Ran being frugal because the present was silver rather than gold.

Then Xu Ran replied and said that he was poor so he could only buy silver but not gold.

Qin Shuwen dashed over to intercede, saying it didn't bother him that Xu Ran was impoverished. The individuals around the table burst out laughing. It was nothing because they were all familiar with each other. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was serious when he declared that silver was better than gold to the child.

Zhuo Yun removed the gold longevity lock from Qingshu's neck and replaced it with the Xu Ran present. For Qingshu, he fashioned the gold one himself. Xu Ran took it in his palm and weighed it. Zhuo Yun recognized what Xu Ran was getting at and proudly stated, "This is my son, who is still a baby. Of course, I need to add more gold."