Chapter 131

The purchase of the fruit trees was done. Xu Ran also gave the village chief the names and numbers of trees that were required and requested him to assemble a team to dig. Xu Ran also stated that if the trees were insufficient, he would attempt in other places. They wouldn't return until they'd acquired all of the trees they needed because they were already there.

Digging up hundreds of fruit trees was no little task. Xu Ran didn't want to be there for too long, but he also didn't want to be working against the clock. If the people dug the trees too rapidly, the roots may be damaged. Even if they were transported back, all trees would perish if that was the case. Furthermore, several trees had produced fruit, necessitating extreme caution.

Xu Ran repeatedly told the village chief everything he needed to know, and the village head assured him that there would be no problems. As a result, Xu Ran was relieved to return with Du Xin and the others.

On the way back, Zhuo Yun said to Xu Ran, "I have the impression that I am simply here to accompany you, and that I am not exerting any energy."

Xu Ran smiled, "Go to the village and help them dig trees if you really want to put in some effort! I swear I'm not going to stop you."

Zhuo Yun rolled his eyes at him. "Where's your conscience? We're good brothers. How can you say such things?"

Xu Ran couldn't help making fun of Zhuo Yun.

Du Xin had witnessed everything when the two were bickering, but he didn't say anything. He really wanted to, but he wasn't daring enough! Because as soon as he started talking, he became wordy, and it was simple to go wrong. Would all of his past efforts be in vain in that case?

Du Xin didn't keep it from Xu Ran out of kindness, of course. He just intended to use this to threaten Xu Ran and force him to accompany him to his house. He wanted to visit Second Childe, after all.

Du Xin's calculations were good. Xu Ran was now the lone variable. If Xu Ran owed him a debt of gratitude for the fruit trees, he would gladly comply with his request.

As a result, he had to exert considerable effort in order to keep Xu Ran from discovering the truth. If Xu Ran had known, he would have returned quickly to prevent the people from digging up the fruit trees. Xu Ran was well-known to Du Xin.

However, Xu Ran was completely in the dark. He was only tricked into believing that everything was going smoothly.

When Du Xin returned to town, he instantly reverted to his former self and asked Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun to play. He believed that as long as he left the Li family village, he would be able to keep his mouth shut. More significantly, he could redirect his focus to something else.

Du Xin also dispersed the group that had been following him. Despite the fact that these people didn't contribute anything and were only there to fill up the numbers for their Young Master, Du Xin viewed them as expendable.

After Du Xin stated so, these individuals intentionally departed. Even Du Xin's so-called personal footboy walked away without saying anything. They appeared to be well-versed in the situation. Having a master like this, Xu Ran thought, was a pity!

Xu Ran thought about it for a while and agreed to Du Xin's request and followed him together with Zhuo Yun.

Green Willow Alley turned out to be the location where he brought them. Xu Ran pulled up his sleeves and proceeded to beat him up right there on the spot. Although Zhuo Yun was not as irritated as Xu Ran, he did not intervene when Xu Ran was ready to beat Du Xin.

Xu Ran was not a merciful man. He didn't punch Du Xin in the face, but he did beat him severely in other areas. Du Xin shouted in agony, but no one else saw his injuries. After all, he couldn't take off his clothes and display them to others on a public occasion!