Side 13-14

The capital had always been an affluent place where everything was available, regardless of which dynasty it belonged to. It was teeming with wealthy, including officials, nobles, and emperor's kinsmen. Anyone walking down the street had a high social rank.

That was not a lie, even if it was a bit of an exaggeration. Even Xu Ran warned the two brothers not to antagonize anyone in the event of difficulty. Tangtang and Guoguo drove a carriage for a month and arrived at the capital city's entrance at noon. They could feel the difference and prosperity of the capital city just by looking at the tall gate outside the city, let alone within.

Many people were waiting up to enter the city gate, some carrying items and others empty-handed. Some arrived on horseback, while others in horse-drawn carriages. Some were clad in tatters, while others were resplendent. 

There were a wide range of persons present. Tangtang and Guoguo stood silently in line, waiting to enter the city. It wasn't because they didn't want to chat, but because they had just arrived and didn't know what to expect. They were terrified of saying something inappropriate, so they decided to enter the city first.

They had to wait a long time at the gate before they could enter the city. When they arrived in the city, the first thing they did was find a place to reside and arrange the carriage and luggage so they could get acquainted with the bustling and colorful capital. 

Taking the carriage, the two of them meandered aimlessly down the street. They came across a number of inns that appeared to be nice, but they were all booked. Of all, with less than ten days until the Spring Exam, there must be a large number of students travelling to the city to take part in the examination.

Therefore, the two of them led the horses around helplessly, hoping to find an inn with rooms available.

"Hey, Guoguo, look at an inn called Xian... Sigh, sorry, I didn't see you coming over. I'm really sorry."

"Brother, what's wrong?" Guoguo hurriedly walked over from the other side of the carriage.

He was just looking about when he heard his brother call out to him, but before he could respond, he heard his brother apologize to someone, so he walked over. 

Tangtang was approached by a young man who stood in front of him. He wore a brocade suit and was in his early twenties. He appeared tall, robust, and good-looking, with a fat face like jade. Tangtang had just passed by an inn, but it was too far away to see the complete name, so he decided to go over and take a look. He was not paying attention to his surroundings and accidentally ran into the person.

Three attractive teens stood together, with a carriage next to them, taking up quite a large space, capturing the attention of many pedestrians on the road, and many Ge'ers blushed with delight at the sight. 

Shen Qingling wanted to walk around the block today since he felt tired. He ran into someone as soon as he stepped outside, not seeing where he was going. Then he heard a soft voice apologize. He didn't mind being bumped, but he was curious about the individual who had hit him. He assumed that the possessor of such a pleasant voice must be a really attractive person.

Seeing Tangtang confirmed his guess. The people he bumped into were really good-looking, and to his surprise, such a good-looking person should have a twin brother.

Shen Qingling's lips curved into a smile, then he said, "It's fine and I didn't watch the road either. Do you come to the capital for the examination?"

He was obviously trying to strike up a conversation, but Shen Qingling appeared to mean no harm, and Tangtang had just bumped into him, so Guoguo replied, "Yes, we just arrived in the capital today, but we seem to be late and can't find a place to live now, so we are wandering on the streets."