Side 3-4

Xu Ran was surprised when he saw Lin Hua and Zhao Chen since he had not expected them to appear. They hadn't seen one other in a long time. Lin Hua and Zhao Chen were taken aback when they saw Xu Ran. They had also visited Xu Village since the pandemic, but when they arrived, they discovered that Xu Ran and his family had left.

Lin Hua and Zhao Chen would thereafter visit here once a year. The timing was uncertain. And Zhuo Yun carried out all of their receptions. It had become a norm for them over the last five years, so they were surprised to see Xu run this time.

Lin Hua took the first step out and went to Xu Ran and patted him fiercely, "You brat, you finally came back."

Xu Ran smiled at him and said. "This is my home. Of course I'm coming back. But I didn't expect you to come here."

Lin Hua was dissatisfied when he heard this. "You don't want us here? I'm telling you, you went out without a word, and been away for so many years. . You didn't even say goodbye. I'm going to get even with you!"

Xu Ran smiled bitterly, "I couldn't tell you even if I wanted back then."

Lin Hua remembered that it was the time of the epidemic and that Xu Ran was telling the truth, so he stopped arguing about it and instead replied, "Even if it was urgent, you haven't written a letter to me in so many years; did you truly forget us?"

"No, no, how could I? If I truly forgot about you, how can I call your name when I see you today? Yanzhou is too far away from here. Zhuo Yun and I have only two letters to each other all these years. It took a whole year to receive a letter! It's really not that easy," Xu Ran hurriedly waved his hand.

Xu Ran's explanation reluctantly made Lin Hua less angry. Zhao Chen also came out to persuade him, "Come on, they're all back! Why do you care about this now? As long as they come back, we'll just come here more often."

Xu Ran looked at Zhao Chen, then at Lin Hua. Seeing that both of them looked good, he thought that they have had a good time over the years, so he was very happy for them.

The sun was shining outside and they did not speak long at the door before they entered the house. While no one was paying attention, Xu Ran quietly asked Lin Hua, "How's your relationship with Zhao Chen? Have you been affected by the plague?"

Lin Hua sighed and said helplessly, "It was a blessing in disguise! He became infected with the plague by accident while it was at its peak, and it was a close call. We did everything we could at the time to get him back. I had been with him and become infected as well. His father had noticed how much we cared for each other. When he saw that, he told us that if we could just get through this, he would let us be together. So we both made it out alive. Later on, his father did nothing to stop the two of us. We're doing great, and we now have a child."

Lin Hua's expression was not one of helplessness when he discussed the latter half. Instead, he smiled softly and gazed at Zhao Chen, who was walking in front of him. Xu Ran stroked his shoulder. "It was certainly a blessing in disguise! Congratulations to the two Jack shall have jill, all shall be well," Xu Ran said, raising his cupped fist.

Lin Hua didn't argue with him and raised his head complacently.

After Lin Hua finished talking about his own business, he shifted the topic to Xu Ran. "You said that you have been in Yanzhou all these years. I heard from Zhuo Yun that you went to find your husband's brother. How about it? Did you find him?"

Xu Ran nodded. "Yes, we found him. He was really Tong Tong's brother, and looked exactly like him."

"Oh! So are you here just for a visit, or are you planning to stay long?" "Lin Hua asked.