Chapter 134

With a few words, Zhuo Yun consoled Xu Ran. It was, after all, a personal affair between him and Du Xin. Furthermore, because he was unfamiliar with Du Xin, he was unable to say anything that could only be thought out by Xu Ran himself.

And Zhuo Yun now understood why Xu Ran disliked Du Xin in the first place. He only changed his mind after helping them in finding a location to sell the fruit trees. It came out that this person had a shady past. It's no surprise that Xu Ran was like this.

In the end, this incident was shown to be a ruse. It was unsurprising that Xu Ran became angry.

Of course, Zhuo Yun deduced that Du Xin was probably after Xu Ran's twins. After all, the twins were attractive and intelligent. What's more, there were two of them, and Du Xin didn't have any children. So, in Zhuo Yun's perspective, this was the most likely scenario.

He had never given Liu Tong a second consideration. It wasn't because he despised Liu Tong's appearance; rather, he assumed that Du Xin, a wealthy playboy, would be turned off by Liu Tong's kind.

The two talked while eating. Xu Ran was still unhappy, so he drank some wine, but Zhuo Yun didn't let him drink much. No matter whether they succeeded, they still had to go back tomorrow. It would be bad if they got up late because of a hangover. However, Xu Ran had a good night's sleep because he had drunk a few glasses of wine.

He was up early the next day and appeared to be in good spirits. The two packed their belongings and went to the inn for breakfast. Before traveling to Li Village, they asked the waiter to make some solid meals for them.

Xu Ran listened to Lu Qi's words since they were plainly more trustworthy than Du Xin's. Whatever the case may be, they had to visit Li Village.

_____

When they arrived in Li Village, they noticed a huge line of oxcarts. The oxcarts in front of them were already laden with fruit trees, while the ones behind them were loading. With such pace, it wouldn't take long.

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun were thrilled when they saw this sight. For the time being, Du Xin had not had the opportunity to announce that they would not allow the Li Village residents to sell the fruit trees to them. It'll be OK as long as they get rid of all the fruit trees before Du Xin arrives.

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun exchanged glances. They each understood what the other was saying. They needed to do their task swiftly and depart, so they began to push the villagers. Everyone assumed they were eager to go home since they had never been encouraged before, which they could understand. They then accelerated their efforts. After all, they'd be able to receive the money once they'd completed their task.

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun also helped. After all, the more helpers one have, the faster you can get things done. Fortunately, once all of the fruit trees had been placed onto the oxcarts, Du Xin and his men did not appear.

Xu Ran requested Zhuo Yun to check on the fruit trees for any issues before going to the village station to settle the accounts.

The money was handed over to the village head, who had kept track of how many trees each family had sold. The village chief then distributes the money to them, saving Xu Ran a lot of effort.

Xu Ran paid the large quantity of money after Zhuo Yun's examination, and then allowed Zhuo Yun accompany them to the official path. He drove the carriage to the inn to check out and catch up with them because the carriage was faster than the oxcarts. As a result, the layout was quite effective.

Du Xin, on the other hand, was attacked by mosquitoes last night and did not make it to Li Village. He didn't sleep well for the entire night, and he didn't fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning. Then, as is normal, he awoke late.