Chapter 30

It was dusty because no one was staying in the house these days. Thankfully, they had covered the furniture before leaving. At the time, Liu Tong was the one who entered the house first, lit the oil lamp, and then brought Tangtang and Guoguo in.

Tangtang and Guoguo were being trailed by four small tails. They knew they had to split from their father and daddy as soon as they met, even though they couldn't bear it. They immediately promised that they didn't need to be looked after and that they would be good and wait for them to return home as good and obedient children.

Of course, Liu Tong knew they were good kids, but he was concerned about them because it was getting dark outside. "Daddy, you should go and help dad first!" Tangtang finally said. "You can make a fire for us so we can sit around it without being scared."

It seemed like a smart idea to Liu Tong. They didn't have to be worried with what would happen to the children as long as they could do things like make sure there was a fire in the house, lock the gate well outside, and take turns leaving the house.

So Liu Tong hurried out of the house with a basket on his back, built a fire, put a pot of water on it, admonished the kids, and hurried out of the house with a basket on his back. Xu Ran had just returned home when he arrived at the gates. He was holding not only a bag of chilies, but also a bag of wild pears, clearly brought back for Tangtang and Guoguo.

Smilingly, Xu Ran greeted Liu Tong, "Tongtong, we'll enjoy a good time during this winter after these few days' hard and busy work"

Hearing this, Liu Tong also laughed, "Yeah!"

The two of them planned their time away from home in advance. As a result, one of them stayed indoors and the other went outside. Despite their busy schedules and exhaustion, they were happy. As soon as he walked into the room, Xu Ran dropped the bag of chilies from his back and summoned his children "Come here, Tangtang and Guoguo. Dad has a treat in store for you."

Tangtang and Guoguo dashed over to greet Xu Ran as soon as they heard his voice. Xu Ran presented them with the cloth bag he was holding "It contains wild pears. You should clean them first and then eat them. There are still many items on the mountain that must be returned. I'll have to go back a few times."

Xu Ran then left the house again. Tangtang shouted behind, "Dad, you should be careful and take care of yourself!"

He waved his hand, wondering if the two kids could see it while answering loudly, "Got it."

Xu Ran couldn't count the number of times he'd run back and forth. He was almost in the same condition as he was during the daytime when everything was returned back. Liu Tong, on the other hand, was more experienced and less panicked this time. To feed him, he fed him salt water and cooked porridge, as per Xu Ran's instructions. Finally, Xu Ran reverted to his former self.

Tangtang and Guoguo had not seen their father and daddy in a long time, so they were both ecstatic and refused to go to bed. They became Liu Tong's followers instead. They followed Liu Tong everywhere he went. They were afraid that their father and daddy would vanish once more.

They were still children, after all. Xu Ran and Liu Tong were both able to indulge them. They both thought that's how kids should be. The days of exhausting labor were finally over. It was almost midnight when they finally got into bed. They had also refilled the lamp with oil twice. Everyone in the house was sound asleep tonight.

The next day, the entire family awoke late, as was expected. Liu Tong only awoke after hearing Wu Mei's voice from outside the yard. He stood up slowly, trying not to wake Xu Ran, who was still soundly sleeping by his side. Liu Tong went to open the door for Wu Mei and others after quickly dressing and washing.