Chapter 96

Coma

In a daze, Xu Ran heard Liu Tong's cries and heard him say a lot in his ear. Finally, he admitted that he was mistaken and that as long as Xu Ran could wake up quickly, he would do everything. Xu Ran was still unable to open his eyes or speak. He couldn't even move his hands since he was so weak.

'How can I stomach seeing you do everything for me?' he could only think to himself. It was my fault this time, and you even cried because of it. I'll tell you the truth when I wake up. 'Please don't cry; it hurts my heart.'

He also said a lot but Liu Tong couldn't hear anything.

Then he heard Baozi crying, and Tangtang and Guoguo talking. They whispered in his ear, "Dad wakes up now. We miss you."

Xu Liu Tong was also overheard by Ran saying to Shao Yu, "Hand this letter to Lin Xi, Shao Yu. Let him to take the items that Ran has prepared. I won't be able to see Ran off because he hasn't awakened yet. Please inform him."

Shao Yu comforted Liu Tong and told him that he couldn't cry before the end of his confinement.

Xu Ran became even more agitated. Before he went into a coma, he remembered hearing Liu Tong call his name. Why couldn't Liu Tong, who had run out to find him during his confinement, follow the advice?

It was all because of him.

Xu Ran wanted to slap himself in his heart.

Xu Ran heard a lot of things and felt like he had slept for a long time.

It had already been December 24th when he awoke. The following day was the one-month anniversary of Baozi's birth. Liu Tong was leaning on the bed, his hand supporting his leg, when he awoke. Little Baozi slept soundly next to him.

Xu Ran gently moved his stiff legs and awakened Liu Tong, "Ran!"

Liu Tong, before he could react, called Xu Ran's name .

Xu Ran cracked a smile with difficulty, "Tongtong, I'm here."

The moment he spoke, he realized that his throat was too hoarse.

Xu Ran smiled again, "Tongtong... water... first."

Liu Tong was still overcome with excitement at Xu Ran's reawakening. When he heard Xu Ran's words, he leapt to his feet and poured him a glass of water. Xu Ran eventually got himself together after two cups of water. He took Liu Tong's hand in his and tapped the empty spot on the bed, signaling him to get up.

Liu Tong was astonished for a time before putting down the cup, removing his clothes, and retiring to his bed. Even though Xu Ran was stiff all over, he insisted on holding Liu Tong once he was on the bed, and Liu Tong did not resist.

Xu Ran kissed Liu Tong and kept saying, "Tongtong, Tongtong."

Liu Tong remained silent but drew closer to him. They simply held one other silently for a long time. Then came a discordant voice, which sounded like stomach grumbling. Xu Ran was a bit clumsy. With a flushed face, he gazed at Liu Tong.

Liu Tong left him, "Ran, I'll go make some food for you! Wait for a while."

Xu Ran pulled him back. "Don't go. It's getting cold, and I'll just put on with it. Don't get cold."

"That's alright. It's not far. You haven't eaten for a few days, and you can't be hungry anymore." While talking, Liu Tong was about to get out of bed.