Chapter 86

Meeting Again

Xu Ran had a big smile on his face as he left the Qin Family. It was obvious that he was in a good mood.

His pleasant mood, however, did not last long. Xu Ran sensed that someone was following him after he left the Qin Family. When he returned his gaze, he saw nothing out of the ordinary. He was now on the street, surrounded by people, and no one seemed strange.

However, when Xu Ran continued to walk, this strange sensation grew stronger. He concluded that if he didn't find out who was stalking him, he wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably at night. As a result, he altered his walking style and accelerated his pace as if he were running for his life.

That man couldn't seem to catch up to Xu Ran at first. However, when Xu Ran saw he was approaching, he abruptly halted his pace. The man who had started rushing behind them did a double-take, but the distance between them had narrowed significantly.

Xu Ran turned around and saw him there clearly. He never expected that the stalker was an acquaintance of his.

It was Du Xin!

Actually, Xu Ran had seen him last time, but he supposed that he made a mistake.

Du Xin found that Xu Ran had seen him, so he did not hide anymore. He went up to Xu Ran and greeted, "Hey, Xu Ran, I didn't expect to see you on the street here."

Xu Ran smiled, "What a coincidence! You've been following me all the way here. Can it be a coincidence?"

Seeing that Xu Ran had seen him through, Du Xin felt a little embarrassed, "I just want to see where you're going!"

"Didn't you know who I was? You may have approached me personally and asked me the question. Why did you feel compelled to follow me?" enquired Xu Ran, who hugged himself and awaited Du Xin's response.

When Du Xin realized Xu Ran was seeking an honest answer, he scratched his head and apologized, "Xu Ran, I've come to seek sanctuary with my relatives, but they got my father's letter yesterday, stating that they will not accept me. As a result, I'm stuck with nowhere to go..." He bowed his head and looked miserable as a result.

Xu Ran stared at him in wordless surprise. Then he snarled, "Is my place your refuge? Why do you look so pitiful every time you come to me? Why did you come here to seek refuge with your relatives? Have you been driven out by your Dad?"

Du Xin pouted "It's because I previously received a poor test result and also had the unmentionable disease. I continued to take the medicine for a long time after I returned home. Finally, the doctor stated I was almost back to normal. My father then forced me to marry a concubine so that I might have children of my own. My father chased me out because I refused..."

Xu Ran, "..."

He vaguely recalls Du Xin exuding an air of having a card up his sleeve at the time. He was still afraid of being beheaded after leaving the examination hall due of his test responses. The unexpected outcome was that he performed poorly on the test...

Xu Ran really wanted to know how bad his test result was that his dad would be so angry.

"What's your ranking in the test? Why was your dad so angry? "Xu Ran asked.

Du Xin extended a few fingers in front of Xu Ran and shook them. Xu Ran was convinced that if he had a brick in his hand, he could easily knock him down.

What Du Xin held up before him was five fingers, not fifteen, not twenty-five, and not fifty. It was definitely five!

Xu Ran took a few deep breaths to calm himself down, "Isn't the fifth place already very good? Why did your dad insist that your result was too bad?"