Chapter 70

THE PAST

Xu Ran accompanied Du Xin to the south of the city to see the doctor after dinner. Lin Hua, Zhao Chen, and the carter left the city to make reservations for the ship leaving the next day.

The doctor had previously stated that Du Xin's unmentionable condition might be healed. However, his treatment would take a long time, and he would have to take both acupuncture and medications. In any case, it would be a lengthy procedure.

Du Xin was scheduled for acupuncture today, and they planned to ask the doctor for a couple more prescriptions. Du Xin would be able to receive medications even after he returned home with the prescription. He didn't have to stay in Qingzhou County all the time this way.

Du Xin, indeed, was concerned about himself. Xu Ran had completely forgotten about it. He recalled that Du Xin had been reluctant to see the doctor at first, but that he had now taken the initiative to come. He'd obviously changed a lot.

When they just got to the clinic, the doctor was sending the last patient out. Seeing both Xu Ran and Du Xin, he greeted, "Here you are!" It seemed he was saying hello to his old acquaintances that long time no see.

Du Xin flushed right away. Coming here was an unfathomable decision for him. The doctor, on the other hand, seemed to like it. "No kidding, Doctor," Xu Ran said with a smile, "it's hard for him to agree to come, and if you tease him away, his father and daddy will come to get right with you."

"Oh, this will really be a big deal. All right. I won't tease you," the doctor replied.

Then he continued, "Alright, I stop kidding. I'm guessing you're here for a medicated bath. I've prepared everything on the inside. Simply go ahead and take a bath. I'll treat you with acupuncture afterwards. And you'll return the next day."

'Well, this doctor was quite considerate,' both Xu Ran and Du Xin thought.

Du Xin entered the residence after the doctor. Xu Ran couldn't enter because it was inconvenient for him, so he had to wait outside while speaking with the clinic staff.

_____

At this moment, in the house...

"How is everything? Are you sure it's him?"

"I'm not sure, but I was told he was the one who reintroduced Gao Quan and Shao Yu to town. I haven't been to his house yet, so I don't know if he is Second Young Master's husband." 

"What about the others? Can you contact them?

"I can't. I don't even know if these people are still alive. As the Emperor would spare none back then, I'm afraid few of the people who helped Second Young Master escape survived. "

"Whatever the case may be, you must determine whether Xu Ran is Second Young Master's husband. Despite his lower social standing, he is a decent man. I don't think the prince will be able to stop them if Second Young Master truly loves him."

"I know. I heard Xu Ran say that he already has two children. And now that his spouse is pregnant again, I am afraid we must keep this secret first. If Xu Ran's spouse is really Second Young Master, I guess the prince will definitely vent his anger when he knows that Second Young Master has given birth to a few children for others."

"Don't worry. The prince still knows nothing that we have the news about Second young Master. I will hide it first. You just have to do your own business well. You can just sit in the water for a while. I will give you a few prescriptions to avoid being discovered by Xu Ran." With that, he left and took away the clothes placed by the tub.