Chapter 67

SALAD

Xu Ran was surprised that he had correctly predicted the outcome, and he was even more surprised that Lin Hua had admitted it so casually. Lin Hua's shoulder was patted, and he said, "Don't overthink stuff. I'm not sure what else to say. I suppose so, because I get the impression you two have been stuck together for a long time."

Lin Hua shook his head. "It's okay. I told you it because you're my friend. Now you know why Zhao Chen's dad didn't let me join his family, right?"

Xu Ran nodded to indicate that he understood. Few families, even in the western era, could tolerate this, let alone in this world. Zhao Chen appeared as they were conversing. Since he didn't have time to ask what he needed to hear, Xu Ran bit his tongue.

Zhao Chen seemed a little uneasy, his eyes bleary. As he saw Lin Hua, however, his eyes brightened and he became more excited.

Xu Ran perceived all of these. No wonder the two were so intimate.

Du Xin took the opportunity to reintroduce himself after Zhao Chen emerged. Before they walked towards the store, he said a few words to Xu Ran. Lin Hua helped Zhao Chen in managing the shop affairs after his father had held him at home for days.

Soon, Lin Hua and Zhao Chen were walking side by side. Regardless of the disparity in the size of their steps or the range of their hands' swinging, they held the same pace. They didn't go too fast or too slow, and they didn't touch each other. It was as if they had been walking in this manner for years and had made a secret agreement.

Actually, they had indeed walked like this for many years.

Xu Ran shook his head. No matter how worried he was, it wasn't his problem and he couldn't help them solve the problem, so he could only bless them silently.

He believed he would never stop Tangtang and Guoguo from falling in love with a man in the future. They may not be concerned with the opinions of others, but they are concerned with the opinions of their relatives. As a father, he naturally wished for happiness for his children.

What's more, he was from modern world. He had modern ideologies.

What was beyond Xu Ran's expectation was that his prediction would come true.

The turnover of his shop had been increasing stably, especially after Xu Ran introduced the bean jelly, the blanched chicken and ducks in summer.

When they reached the door, they saw a long line outside for buying food.

Some customers would mix the sauce into the bean jelly and eat it right away, while others would prefer to take it later. Also, the blanched chicken was sauced and sold by the pound.

Lin Hua said, "The blanched chicken and ducks were a hit with the crowd. Every day, over twenty chickens and ducks could be sold. I even sent someone to look for an ice room where the surplus meat could be stored and sold the next day."

Looking at the less familiar chili paste and dried bean curd, Xu Ran had the bright idea that maybe they should sell salad specifically. They may market pot-stewed meat and salad in addition to blanched chicken and ducks. 

In this way, Xu Ran needed a professional chef in his shop.

After thinking for a while, Xu Ran turned to Lin Hua and asked, "Do you know a chef with good cooking skills, Lin Hua? I mean, maybe he's not so good at cooking fried dishes, but he should know how to make salad at least."