Chapter 102

The Banquet Started

In the kitchen, Xu Ran first turned around. Liu Tong was dealing with the vegetables Wu Mei and the others had brought. "Tongtong, you may first wash half of the vegetables," Xu Ran replied, "otherwise, I'm concerned we won't be able to finish them all this time."

Liu Tong smiled and nodded. "I know. You check to see if Wu Mei and the others have returned. After dinner, Tangtang and Guoguo also left. I'm not sure why Gao Quan called them."

'Yes,' Xu Ran said "I'm aware of it. Don't be concerned. Gao Quan will not harm the two children in any way. By the way, you should probably get some seasonings ready. Allow our visitors to put part of it in their own bowls and chose what they wish to eat later."

"How to do it?" Liu Tong asked Xu Ran with a bowl in his hand.

Xu Ran approached him and demonstrated the process to him "Simply take a large mixing bowl and add some seasonings to it. It's worth noting that the quantity is correct. You should also add more garlic, which will enhance the flavor of the cuisine. Yes, that's excellent. After that, add some more..."

Xu Ran demonstrated and explained how to mix and add seasoning to his dish at the same time. Liu Tong could only stand by and watch him from the sidelines, unsure what to do with his own.

Xu Ran didn't notice this until he had finished his job. He patted his head in annoyance, "How about you try again, Tongtong?"

Liu Tong smiled and shook his head. "Alright, next time!" It's not like we won't eat anymore after this meal. I've remembered everything you said. Let me try next time."

Xu Ran chuckled before saying, "I'll go check on Tangtang and the others. I need to remind them to inform us the next time Gao Quan takes them out, else it would be difficult to find them."

"Mm." Liu Tong nodded, "Go and take a look. They've been out for a long time."

As soon as Xu Ran left the kitchen and got to the yard, he heard a knock on the door, "Dad, Daddy, open the door. I'm Guoguo. I'm back."

Xu Ran was concerned about the safety as the Spring Festival approached. As a result, the door was locked from the inside as long as no one was in the yard. Xu Ran ran to open the door as soon as he heard Guoguo's voice. Tangtang and Guoguo were both standing outside the entrance, their clothes dripping wet.

Xu Ran wasn't sure if it was because they had been stuck in the snow for a long time or because they had been sweating profusely. Their faces were also flushed. "Where have you been?" Xu Ran said as he swiftly drew the two children into the house. Why are your pants so drenched?

Gao Quan entered with two dogs before Tangtang and Guoguo could say anything. To Xu Ran, he continued, "We made our way up the mountain. They ran around the mountain for a long time, practicing Kungfu. Their clothing are wet because it was snowing."

Xu Ran nodded but remained silent. Instead, he escorted Tangtang and Guoguo upstairs while saying, "If it's going to snow, don't go outside. You can also learn how to write in calligraphy at home. Look, your clothing are damp, and if you do not take care of yourself, you will acquire a cold. You need to consume some traditional Chinese medication right now. You don't like it when it's served to you, do you?"

Although Tangtang and Guoguo wanted to declare they were not terrified of taking medicine, the prospect of its bitterness made them shake their heads. "No, we're not pleased of it."

"That's good! And remember, if you go out next time, remember to inform me and Daddy where you are going so that we can find you. You don't want us to worry about you, do you?" "