Chapter 108

Xu Ran could only return to his son because he had not caught up with Gao Quan. He had no intention to move the ewe. It was, after all, a crime scene. He would also come here at any time for a stroll to see Big Black and the lamb.

He didn't dare to travel to town until this situation was handled, for fear of something happening at home.

Liu Tong was speaking with Shao Yu while Little Baozi was still sleeping. In a trance, Xu Ran went over to pick up Baozi and sat aside. He was pondering who he had wronged.

Xu Ran believed that the only person who despised him was Xu Cheng. He was most likely from Liu Tong's eldest uncle's family if there was another to add to the list. They shouldn't have come here to attack him because they were in Xu Village!

Xu Ran, on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about this notion once it came to him. In any case, Gao Quan said that he was being pursued by two guys. Xu Ran questioned if these two persons, one of whom was Xu Cheng and the other a member of the Liu Family, could work together.

Xu Ran had no idea how the two families would come together, but he couldn't shake the feeling that it was only these two people who were against him.

"Tongtong, Shao Yu, have there been any outsiders in the village recently?" Xu Ran asked abruptly. "Have you seen anyone from your eldest uncle's family, Tongtong?"

With a shake of his head, Liu Tong said, "I don't go out very much, so there were no strangers here. I've never met anyone from my eldest uncle's family, either. They don't even know where we live, therefore they're not coming!"

Xu Ran shook his head, "But Tongtong, as long as they ask around in the village, they'll know about it. After all, our house is so eye-catching."

Liu Tong was stunned. He obviously did not expect this.

He then asked Xu Ran, "Ran, did you notice something?"

'Yes,' Xu Ran said "The ewe has two wounds on the stomach, one on each side. Gao Quan deduced that they were carried out by two people. Didn't we speculate that it was Xu Cheng who did it? However, based on Gao Quan's deduction, I have my doubts that there is anyone else involved in the case."

"Are you referring about my eldest uncle's family? But why would my eldest uncle and others travel to Xu Village for this purpose?" Liu Tong was perplexed.

"That's why I asked if you saw any stranger appearing before. I'm afraid that the person most likely coming here is Liu Tiezhu. Tongtong, you should know what kind of person your cousin is."

Liu Tong was well aware of Liu Tiezhu's personality and proclivity for gambling. He acknowledged that he may cause difficulty here, but it was still difficult for him to accept.

Shao Yu abruptly stated, "I've seen one before. The day before yesterday, I noticed a stranger here. In this village, I've virtually known everyone. Because it's still the Spring Festival, I assumed he was related to someone's family. As a result, it didn't bother me. The stranger had circled our house a few times before. I'm sure he'd never seen anything like it before, so he'd be intrigued."

Xu Ran quickly asked Shao Yu, "Do you still remember what he looks like?"

franklyShao Yu thought for a moment and said , "I can't tell what exactly he looks like, but he appeared very tall and somewhat sloppy."

Liu Tong and Xu Ran exchanged a glance. They both assumed the individual was Liu Tiezhu. Liu Tiezhu, on the other hand, was this image in Xu Ran's mind.