Chapter 154

Tangtang took the bill and money from the counter that he had received today. He poured all of the money onto the table and in front of Xu Ran, he laid the account books.

Tangtang said to Xu Ran, "Dad, I've received 2,815 taels in all today. Here are the account book and the silver, they were all on the table. Dad, would you like to check it again?"

Xu Ran took out the account book and examined it. Everything was written in Arabic numerals. It was easily checked by Xu Ran. He did a rough calculation in his head and discovered that it matched what Tangtang had said. He set the account book aside and began counting the silver coins on the table.

The majority of them were copper coins, and Tangtang knotted the scattered copper coins together with thick threads. A string of a thousand coins. The others were silver coins, but they were all one tael of silver, so counting them was simple.

These silver taels, on the other hand, covered a huge region. Xu Ran brought out his account book from which he had kept track of his purchases. Aside from the labor expense, the money spent on vegetables and meat was about 100 taels. And that's before you include in the cost of The Honeycomb briquet and other expenses. So the profit for today is merely a hundred taels.

Xu Ran patted the table and said, "Making 100 taels on the first day of the opening isn't terrible, but there will be a lot of people for the first few days, and traffic will eventually level down. We don't need the individuals from King Yan's Mansion at that time. Then we'll be able to do it ourselves, though everyone will have to put in some effort for a while. After we've made ends meet, I'll hire more staff."

After Xu Ran said that, Liu Tong continued to say, "Don't ever say that agai, we are family. Ran, when will we start selling the breakfast that you mentioned before?"

Everyone gazed at Xu Ran in bewilderment when they heard Liu Tong's statements. How did folks manage to eat hot pot for breakfast? It was the first time they'd heard of it. They were all puzzled, especially Baozi, who was more voracious than bewildered.

Xu Ran explained, "Here's the thing. People would only come to eat hotpot in the afternoon and evening, and they would not come every day. But if they don't show up, we won't have any income for the rest of the day, which isn't going to work. So I came up with the idea of selling breakfast in the morning, which would consist of pancakes, porridges, and noodles."

"I'll pass the porridge. There are only a few types, so we'll make a few of each. We'll offer them to the people who come to eat hotpot at night if they don't sell out. It's possible that the pancakes will be different from what we're used to. Wu Dahang Pancake is the pancake I was referring to. It's overflowing with food. It's delicious and thick once it's been fried, so it'll appeal to a wide range of people. You'll see when I cook it for you.

"Then, the last thing I want to say is noodles. You've all had noodles before, and I've created a variety of them. We'll mostly be selling two kinds of noodles. Hand-pulled noodles are one option, while sliced noodles are another. Fried eggs, pig's large intestines, or shredded meat are just a few of the things that can be added to these noodles. Those with extra features would be more costly. In a few days, I'll set the pricing, and then we'll print some brochures and place them on the table. As a result, customers who visit the store can make their own choices. And you have to remember the prices and tell them right away if anyone asks, okay?"

After Xu Ran said that, he quietly looked at the crowd and waited for their response.

Tangtang and Guoguo was the first to nod. They were okay with that anyway, and the following was Baozi. He said, "Dad, I can help you serve porridge."