Chapter 153

Lu Qi had also never left the estate since that day, and he had drugged everyone who had discussed it in the mansion... They were all unhappy in the end. The most wretched man, though, was Du Xin, who had not left his bed in three days. No one would be able to tell you why he couldn't get out of bed.

Apart from hotpot, there were also porridges and pancakes for "Good deed in a day".

The porridge was nothing special, but the pancake was something no one had ever had before. However, aside from the drama of the Master of Yanzhou, the daily food at the city's entrance had also become the second most popular issue as a result of this. It was always a topic of conversation after tea.

Yan Chuan took advantage of Xu Ran's fame and sought him a suitable house. It was a stall downstairs in a little two-story building. It's ideal for Xu Ran to start his business, and the family could live upstairs if they wanted to.

After some consideration, Xu Ran concluded that he still needed a small yard. Because this structure isn't particularly large, it's preferable to use the upper floors to create a private space. Furthermore, the fragrance of hotpot was very strong, and they might have to smell it all day if they didn't want to sleep here.

The money, on the other hand, was already going to be spent. Xu Ran was not stingy with his money. Yanzhou's residence was reasonably priced. A modest yard would cost only 100 taels, which was even less than their previous dwelling in town.

This small building was also in a good location. Purchasing it would cost around 500 taels. A total of 600 to 700 taels would be required in addition to the decorations. Xu Ran also planned to purchase a yard for around 300 taels.

He'd made some money from the fruit trees, so a thousand tael of silver wouldn't be an issue. He evaluated the cost of running a hotpot restaurant and predicted that he would soon be able to make ends meet. When the weather grew hot, he'd turn the hotpot restaurant into a dessert shop, effectively making it a multi-purpose store.

He hasn't told anyone about it yet, though. These were things he had wanted for for a long time. He merely wanted a house at this point.

Yan Chuan spent two days searching for a small yard that met Xu Ran's requirements. This yard had only recently been repaired. After Yan Chuan returned and informed Xu Ran, Xu Ran accompanied his family to inspect the residence.

There were lots of rooms and two entrances in the yard, which was quite large. A well was located in the garden, as well as a separate shed in the back. It has the potential to be utilized to raise chickens and ducks. On both sides of the front yard, there was an empty space that could be used to put flowers or vegetables. It was all up to them.

The room had good ventilation, and though the kitchen was a bit far away from their bedroom, they could smell anything that came out of it. They were pleased with the outcome in general.

Xu Ran asked Yan Chuan, "How much is the house?"

Yan Chuan stretched out three fingers. He had been looking for the house according to Xu Ran's budget.

Xu Ran could also accept it, but he still wanted to save a little more money, so he asked Yan Chuan, "Can I get a discount? Even 10 or 20 taels less would do, Butler Yan."

Yan Chuan was shocked by the way Xu Ran called him for a moment. How could he refuse him? So he said, " Second Brother, I'll try my best, but I can't promise you how much of a discount you'll get."

Xu Ran said, "That's fine. I just wanted to give it a try. It's fine if it doesn't work. If it's okay, then it'd be the best. We want this house, and you can meet the person selling the house later!"