Chapter 173

For a brief moment, the field was quiet. After a while, King Yan asked, "Did you change as a result of this?"

Tangtang answered, "Maybe! Dad said that I am now the hope of the whole family. I should do something for Guoguo."

King Yan asked, "Are you tired?"

Tangtang nodded and shook his head. Even he was unsure if he was weary or not. He knew Dad had said those things to cheer him up, but he remembered them. He was desperate to do something.

King Yan had once been a child himself. No one had ever told him what to do when he was Tangtang's age. King Yan had made all decisions on his own, whether he should do something or not. As a result, he was at a loss for words when it came to Tangtang. Tangtang sat peacefully with King Yan. Nobody said anything else until it was noon.

During lunch, King Yan avoided discussing what had happened in Yanzhou since doing so would ruin the meal. King Yan, on the other hand, shared some fascinating anecdotes about the capital. He also highlighted the new fief conferred upon him by the Emperor. 

This was fantastic news, and everyone was overjoyed. The news also quickly distracted everyone's attention. The Xu family was unhappy and regretful as a result of Guoguo. They hadn't lingered in King Yan's Mansion for long after lunch and had returned to their own home.

They enjoyed a bumper crop of corn and potatoes this year. Next year, everyone in Yanzhou will be able to raise these two crops. They were also sold by Xu Ran in Red Mansion. 

They were, of course, well received. When Xu Ran came home, he grabbed a writing brush and a piece of paper and began to sketch out an idea. The Xu family had to stay in Yanzhou for a long time since they had to wait for Guoguo to return, but he refused to do anything else.

Xu Ran decided to jot down everything that came to mind. Not only did he draw down Yanzhou's development plan, but he also included Xiangzhou. When Guoguo returned, and Yanzhou emerged from poverty, Xu Ran would return to Xu Village with his family. 

The family's life would be calm. Of course, he would also assist Tangtang and Guoguo in achieving their goals. He wrote with seriousness, seeking to explain all he wished to clarify.

Xu Ran did not immediately show the plan to King Yan after composing it, but instead stored it himself. He didn't have to worry about Red Mansion's business now that it was on the correct road. He had no intention of thinking of other ways to get money. They didn't want to be filthy wealthy. They only wanted enough money to get by.

All Xu Ran could think about now was how to improve Yanzhou's existing resources so that the people of Yanzhou might live comfortably. He wasn't the only one who was preoccupied. The entire family was preoccupied, although in separate areas.

The river's fish and shrimp were at their heaviest in October. They had a good chance of selling for a good price, and there were a lot of them. Because Lu Qi was busy with the military camp, Xu Ran went to King Yan and discussed producing aquatic items in the river with him.

The river was teeming with fish and shrimp, as well as a slew of crabs. These three aquatic items might all do well in the market. Xu Ran also wanted to raise loaches, but he couldn't because they couldn't be raised in the river. He told King Yan what he was thinking.

King Yan was pleased with the plan, but he had one reservation. Were these things edible? Could they make a profit?

Xu Ran replied, "Please rest assured about it. Since I've mentioned it, it implies that I'm confident in what I'm doing. I won't start a project unless I've done adequate preparations, as evidenced by my previous work."