Chapter 38

The tombs of Liu Tong's dad and daddy were on the back side of the mountain behind their residence, but they had to walk by Liu Tong's eldest uncle's house to get there.

Liu Tong had never returned since he got married, nor had he even seen his eldest uncle and his family members. When Liu Tong was young before his dad and daddy passed away, the relationship between the two families was really good. However, after dad and daddy died, his eldest uncle's entire family contemplated how to acquire his family's land. He, on the other hand, had never been raised as a Ge'er since that time.

It was not hatred but just dislike.

He would remember those who had been kind to him, but he would also remember those who had been cruel. So when they passed by, Liu Tong didn't say he wanted to go take a look, and Xu Ran didn't realize it was Liu Tong's eldest uncle's house. And though they had no intention of offending someone, someone still tried to cause them trouble.

"Stop! Liu Tong, you are bold after getting married, right? You even didn't want to come in to greet your eldest uncle when you passed by his home. I raised an ingrate indeed!

Liu Tong was suddenly asked to stop, and then lots of accusing words sounded. Hearing that, Xu Ran frowned and looked back, seeing an obvious pregnancy mole near the speaker's ear. Also by judging the person's dressing, Xu Ran could tell that he was the spouse of Liu Tong's eldest uncle, but as if he didn't know it, he asked, "Who are you? You shout at others whenever you want. You really have no quality."

The spouse of Liu Tong's eldest uncle was enraged when he heard these words. He took a few steps forward and came to a standstill in front of Xu Ran and his family. He pointed at them and said, "Hey, how did you talk like that, little beast!" as he rested his hand on his hip. "I don't have any quality, but do you? Do you have any idea who I am? "How dare you swear at me?"

"You are the big beast, aren't you?" Xu Ran said, standing in front of his two children as their shield. "How do I not recognize you? A good dog, after all, won't get in the way. Please move aside to make way for us."

"Whom did you accuse of being a beast? Good, you dare to bully me! Liu Tong, this is your secret lover, isn't he? Your husband is a fool as we all know. Let me tell you something. Today you let your secret lover bully me, but tomorrow I will tell all the villagers that you have a secret lover. I'll see if your idiotic husband will divorce you."

The words of Liu Tong's eldest uncle's spouse enraged Xu Ran even more. He handed Liu Tong the basket, rolled up his sleeves, and said, "I am the fool in your words, but I have already returned to normal."

"-Are you unhappy, aren't you? All you have to do now is go tell the villagers! If you don't, I'll have to inform them that you've taken my spouse's parents' family land and sold their Ge'er. I'll not only talk about it in the village, but I'll also go to the officials and file a lawsuit against you. I'll see how you and your family manage to stay in the village, humph!"

'It is just bluffing, isn't it? I'm not afraid of you!' Xu Ran thought.

Now he was a hooligan alive!

Seeing the look of their dad from behind, Tangtang and Guoguo did want to applaud, but the situation was not right, so they held back.

Going before officials was the most terrifying thing for ancients, particularly those who had something on their conscience. When Liu Tong's eldest uncle's spouse heard Xu Ran talking about going to the officials, he was scared, but he still said, "Simply go to the authorities! Let me tell you something. What's wrong with me for taking a piece of land from his dad and daddy after raising this ungrateful person for so many years? Anyway, his entire family is dead, so keeping land for them is pointless. Besides, how could you, a fool, have married Liu Tong if it weren't for me? You'd already done it in your dreams!"