Chapter 143

The Cave

Soon after, both Wu Lan's and Liu Qing's families discovered that Xu Ran and his family were leaving. They all went over to show their worry, and Xu Ran requested them to help him in caring for his family's fields.

He summoned them all to his house. Then he discussed the epidemic as well as his plan. It had something to do with the cave that Liu Tong mentioned last night.

Xu Ran said, "The epidemic has just become more severe, and the people here will be afflicted sooner or later. As a result, the town will not be a safe haven. We have a few days until we have to go. Last night, Liu Tong and I discussed the possibility of finding another location for us to stay. As a result, if something important occurs, everyone can leave immediately."

Upon hearing this, Xu An asked quickly, "Xu Ran, now in the village, people can only go out but not in. How can we go out and find another place to stay?"

"Yeah! We've been living in this village for so many years. I wonder where else can we live!"

Xu Fa and the others echoed.

Xu Ran replied, "Xu An, don't you often go up the mountain? And do you know anything about the situation on the mountain?"

Xu An shook his head, "Because I rarely go up the mountain, I know very little about it. So, do you mean we'll all relocate to the mountain?"

Xu Ran nodded, "That's right. These days, we'll travel to the mountain to look for available spots so that we may later transfer our belongings up there and have everything ready to live. You can all hurry up the mountain if anything occurs in the village. The Yamen will not send soldiers up the mountain to look for you. Because there are so many of you, you may find numerous more hiding spots on the mountain and flee even if the troops come up the mountain to find you. We'll be alright as long as we survive the outbreak. I've already purchased a large amount of food from Zhuo Yun, so none of us need to worry about food. "

Then Xu Ran took a breather to observe how everyone else reacted. Qin Shuwu was the first to speak "I'm not familiar with your village, but I'll follow your instructions. My family will undoubtedly collaborate nicely." Everyone in the Qin Family surrounding him nodded in accord.

Zhuo Yun also said, "Despite the fact that I frequently visit Xu Village, I am only familiar with the orchards and Xu Ran's house. And, although having visited the mountain a few times, I know very nothing about it. I'm sure I'll follow your plans as well."

Xu Ran then turned to Xu An and his family. Xu An replied, "Xu Ran, we'll also follow your instruction. You're worried about us before you go. We will undoubtedly work with you. We agree that we should go up the mountain to look for a place to reside. We are not scared of any challenges, as you stated, as long as we survive the epidemic. "

"Yeah! Xu Ran, It's up to you."

"Yes, we will listen to you." Other people present also expressed their agreement with Xu Ran.

Xu Ran suddenly felt as if all of the responsibility was on him. Nonetheless, he was moved by their faith. Liu Tong used to be the one who knew the most about the mountain, but now it should be Gao Quan. As a result, Xu Ran summoned Gao Quan and inquired, "Gao Quan, do you know how many big caverns there are in the mountain?"

Gao Quan did, in fact, frequently go up the mountain to collect Chinese medicinal plants. As a result, he was quite familiar with the mountain's rear side. As a result, he hurriedly answered to Xu Ran, "There are at least four or five large ones. Two of them, however, have signs of animals and are not fit to live. The other three are good, although they are separated by a large distance."