Chapter 123

Zhubu did not plan to let Xu Ran leave so lightly, despite his thoughts. After all, this individual was intelligent and would undoubtedly be useful. Besides, he'd do everything he could to clear his name.

However, it was just Zhubu's idea.

After this thought crossed his mind, he heard Xu Ran said, "Lord Zhubu, I think you should have your own judgment now!"

Zhubu couldn't claim to be without judgment in front of so many people. Aside from that, Xu Ran was clearly backed by a large number of people. After all, Xu Ran was far more regarded in the village than Mr. Hu's son, who had a terrible reputation. What mattered the most was that the locals saw Xu Ran as a wealthy individual.

"Lord Zhubu, I believe what this husband said. Besides, he has the title, so he would never do this."

Everyone turned around at the same time as they heard the unexpected voice. The speaker boldly stood out from the crowd. This person just answered Zhubu outside, and he's clearly siding with Xu Ran now.

Xu Ran was perplexed as to why this person was aware of his title.

The man appeared to have noticed Xu Ran's perplexity and said, "I feel privileged to have taken the exam at the same time as Mr. Xu. When the exam results were released, I also went there. Mr. Xu had placed third in the test at the time, and I'm confident he's now a Xiucai!"

His tone was very certain, as if he had seen it himself.

Xu Ran nodded, "I am indeed a Xiucai now. What's your name, please?"

"I am Hu Jin, also a Xiucai."

Xu Ran bowed, "Nice to meet you."

After Xu Ran said this, he felt it was strange. How come Hu Jin met him suddenly?

It was odd that they met like this!

"Humm..." As Xu Ran was pondering what was going on, the Zhubu beside him coughed.

Hu Jin gracefully drew his hands back and stood upright as Xu Ran hastily took two steps back.

Seeing that both of them had stood upright, Zhubu said to Xu Ran, "It turns out you're a Lord Xiucai. As a Xiucai, you naturally won't do such a thing. In that case, I believe you."

Xu Ran bowed, "Thank you, Lord Zhubu."

With some embarrassment, Zhubu looked at Xu Ran "Despite the fact that you did not kill this person, his death has anything to do with you. If you hadn't sent him back at Spring Festival, he might not have died. Before you return, you should help me in catching the murderer, OK?"

That was spoken nonchalantly by Zhubu, as though the killer might come if Xu Ran did something.

Xu Ran was astonished "Lord Zhubu, but I'm not up to it. First and foremost, I am not a resident of this village. I'm not familiar with Mr. Hu's son, and I'm not even sure what his name is. Of course, we have no way of knowing if he is the murder. It's just speculation at this point."

"Second, Mr. Hu insisted on returning personally. It's true that I sent him. I would never send him back if I knew something like this could happen. I've been treating Mr. Hu as my own father for the past year. I couldn't stand seeing him die."

"Third, Zhubu, you're being unreasonable. I'm just a Xiucai with no right to catch the murderer. Please be mercy and take my advice, Lord Zhubu."

Xu Ran finished speaking and looked at Zhubu quietly and waited for his answer.