Chapter 133

An Ulterior Motive

After a long silence, Xu Ran finally replied, "Xin Du! I vow that I will never witness such dull stuff with you again. We have very different tastes and interests."

Du Xin expressed his innocence, "Didn't you say something just now? However, I didn't say anything. Now you're the one who's benefited, aren't you?"

Xu Ran gave Du Xin a look as though he didn't care who benefitted. As a result, Du Xin ceased to speak.

Zhuo Yun saw this and interrupted, "Xu Ran, it's too late. Let's go back to the inn first! If we have free time tomorrow, we can visit the Li Village. Maybe there are a few wild fruit trees on the mountain that we can discover! "

When Xu Ran gazed up at the sky, he noticed the moon was rising. He smiled and nodded "Well, let's go back to sleep for the rest of the day. Du Xin, if you wish to accompany us on our trip to Li Village tomorrow, simply show up. You won't have to look for us if you don't go."

Xu Ran then turned around and walked away without giving Du Xin a chance to respond. Zhuo Yun also said his goodbyes to Du Xin and left. Du Xin was unhappy as he saw the two of them go. 'You did talk at the time, how come you still find fault with me?' he grumbled to himself.

"I've told you not to be self righteous. Why did you refuse to accept my suggestion?" said someone behind and then sighed.

Du Xin immediately turned around.

It was Lu Qi. Du Xin immediately shouted unhappily, "Why is it you again?! When did you come here?"

Lu Qi smiled, "Well, I miss you! I was worried when I heard Xu Ran was going to Banyue Town that he would kidnap you. That is why, I am here!"

When Du Xin heard what Lu Qi said, he stretched out and embraced himself, asking, "What are you doing?" He acted as if he was warning them against being sexually harassed.

Seeing the situation, Lu Qi smiled even more happily, "You're still a man this late at night. What do you think I want to do to you?"

Du Xin abruptly lowered his hand when he heard this. After all, he agreed that Lu Qi couldn't harm him since he was a man.

Lu Qi couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry when he saw his appearance. He thought it was difficult to judge whether Du Xin was smart or stupid because he did some very stupid things on occasion.

Lu Qi then said, "I've just arrived today and I haven't found a place to live yet. Can you take me in for the night?"

Lu Qi appealed with a grin on his face. Du Xin believed it since it was unusual for him to seem so serious. "All right!" he said with a nod.

However, he became aware that something wasn't quite right! Why should he consent to this person, he wondered? He was the one he despised the most. This person would come out and laugh at him whenever he was unhappy.

Lu Qi couldn't help but smile when he saw Du Xin's uneasy face "You've agreed to accept me, so keep your promise! If you change your mind, I'll tell the whole town tomorrow that Mr. Du is that kind of man who will go back on his word."

Hearing Lu Qi's words, Du Xin immediately retorted, "Who do you mean don't keep his word? It's just a place for you to stay for the night! I'll just let you stay at my house!"

"Great! Then show me the way to your house please. " Lu Qi looked at Du Xin and pointed at the road.

Du Xin had had enough of his forced friendliness. Despite his disappointment, he was a man of his word. As a result, he continued to lead Lu Qi home. Lu Qi warned Du Xin not to offend Xu Ran in the future and even encouraged him not to bother appeasing Xu Ran on their trip to the Du Mansion.