Chapter 68

UNMENTIONABLE DISEASE

Xu Ran and Du Xin got up early on the second day. The carter was also a part-time servant who had put an order for breakfast for them. Xu Ran and Du Xin had been waiting a long time but had yet to see Lin Hua and Zhao Chen descend.

The carter and Du Xin had no idea what was going on, so they figured they wouldn't be able to get out of bed until the sun was high in the sky.

After breakfast, Xu Ran said, "It's unnecessary to wait for the two of them. Let's go outside and take a look. When we return at noon, they'll be up."

"Why? We don't invite them to join us? It's a smart idea to get out early in the morning. At noon, it would be unbearably hot."

Xu Ran slapped him on the head, "Let's just forget it. They're probably tired, let them sleep!"

Du Xin touched his head where he had been hit and pouted, "Alright then, we'll go by ourselves."

Then he ran off without pausing for a moment.

Having seen so many ancient devices, Xu Ran was unsurprised, and he simply purchased some to send to Qin Shuwen's children as gifts.

He also purchased hair ornaments, a jade hairpin, and bracelets for Ge'ers, as well as Qin Shuwen, Elder Daddy Qin. He didn't know what to buy for the guys, so he decided to wait and see!

On the other hand, Du Xin wanted to buy anything he saw, but due to his lack of money, he had no choice but to browse around the shops.

In the end, Du Xin saw a refined pendant and begged Xu Ran to lend him money so as to purchase it.

Xu Ran asked him, "Are you buying it as a gift to somebody?"

Du Xin nodded, "Yes, it's for my spouse. I haven't brought him anything in all the years we've been together. I'm terrible in comparison to you, but I'd like to buy him something."

Xu Ran took the silver from his pocket and handed it to him. "Actually, your partner is unconcerned about these matters as long as you have the mind. After all, these are non-living objects, while people are living human beings. If you treat your spouse well when you return, he might be very happy."

Du Xin rubbed his head. "You're right. I'll treat him well from now on. I just don't know if he would be bullied in the past few days when I'm not around. After all, my father wants me to take a concubine."

"Then why did you leave so carelessly?"

"I didn't think so much before. I thought that if I wasn't home, my dad wouldn't ask me to take a concubine."

Xu Ran was speechless and he couldn't help but feel amazed at the way he thought.

Xu Ran immediately remembered what Du Xin had said about his spouse not having a child in years. People thought there was something wrong with the woman in the case of infertility in ancient times, so he reasoned that in this era, people would naturally think the issue was with the Ge'er.

Xu Ran asked Du Xin, "You said that your spouse couldn't get pregnant. Have you taken him to the doctor's?"

Du Xin nodded. "Yes, many times, but the doctor said there's nothing wrong with him."

"You... have you ever thought that it might be you who have the problem?" Xu Ran's question was quite bold. After all, there were very few people in this era who would dare to question the fertility of men.

After being shock for a moment, Du Xin immediately retorted, "How could it be me who have the problem?"

Xu Ran had predicted that he would respond in this manner. Despite the fact that they didn't speak loudly, it was impolite to continue talking in front of the stall. Xu Ran gave the stall owner the silver in Du Xin's hand, then took the pendant and left with Du Xin.