Chapter 146

Arriving

It was a happy day for Xu Ran and the others on November 8th. They arrived in Yanzhou after a four-month journey. Xu Ran wanted to jump up and down as they saw the three words "Yanzhou" on the city gate.

Arriving in Yanzhou meant they could finally get some rest and a decent dinner without having to travel every day. When approaching Yanzhou, it appeared that the security was quite severe. The carriage had to come to a halt outside the gate, and the horses had to be led inside.

Lu Qi got off the carriage first. "Finally!" he exclaimed as soon as his feet touched the ground.

Everyone else followed Lu Qi out of the carriage as they saw him get off. They stepped ahead, leading the carriage to form a line. They entered the town one by one after being checked by the guards at the entryway.

At the gate, Lu Qi unexpectedly ran into an acquaintance. A man in armor with a sword at his waist. And he had the appearance of a general.

The man saw Lu Qi and greeted him from afar, "Hey, military counsellor!"

Lu Qi smiled at him and said. "Commander Mu, why have you come to guard the gates yourself today?"

Commander Mu started to talk to him, "Ah! It was all due to the South's epidemic. Some of the refugees made their way north. We believed none of them could get to Yanzhou, but who would have guessed that someone would take a different route to Yanzhou? The Yan King believed that the refugees needed to be properly settled, so he sent me to guard the city gate in person. Aside from the initial few refugees, I never saw anybody else. I suspected something was amiss and informed the king. The monarch got a letter from the capital informing him that something had occurred there and that we needed to be cautious. As a result, the monarch sent me to inspect the visitors to Yanzhou. That's why I come here every day to check."

After Commander Mu said this, he looked behind Lu Qi. There were four carriages and people standing beside the carriage. Commander Mu asked Lu Qi, "Master, Who are these people behind you? Did they come with you?"

There were several individuals standing close to Commander Mu, and other people were lined up behind them. Commander Mu was also King Yan's most trusted lieutenant. Lu Qi approached him and informed him of Xu Ran's and the other people's identities.

Commander Mu was quite shocked to hear that and he quickly asked Lu Qi, "Master, we just stood here and talked and kept childe waiting. Will the Young Childe blame me for that?"

Lu Qi shook his head and said, "Don't worry! He won't blame you. I will not talk with you more for the time being. You are welcome to come visit the palace whenever you are free. First, I'll take them to the palace. The Childe was raised in the South and couldn't handle the cold of the North."

Commander Mu moved aside quickly. "This way, please wait for me to have a drink with you."

Lu Qi chuckled as he rode his horse towards town. Xu Ran and the others who were trailing after Lu Qi had the impression that Commander Mu was continuously monitoring them, even though they were walking far away.

Lu Qi escorted Xu Ran and the others directly to King Yan's palace. The palace of King Yan was situated in the heart of Yanzhou. It's not far from anywhere else in town, and the location is ideal.

There were many individuals passing through the gate, and there were only two guards. When Xu Ran and his four carriages arrived at the entrance, they drew a large crowd. The guard was most likely new to the area. He'd never seen Lu Qi before, so he didn't know who he was. He did, however, speak politely.