Chapter 119

Xu Ran said something to convey his thanks as the lunch feast began at noon. Of course, his last comment, "Please enjoy the meal," was perhaps the most popular among these individuals.

Because Xu Ran couldn't find time to eat, he requested Liu Tong to follow the Qin family, Housekeeper Zhuo, and the others while he went about his business.

Lunch feasts were served in two rounds. Even in the second round, all tables were filled and no seats were available.

Those who had completed their meals bid their goodbyes to Xu Ran and left. Those who had not yet begun to eat began to do so. Xu Ran estimated that the people were happy with the feast this time based on what was left on the table.

Wu Mei and the others arrived after the lunch feast to wipe up the tables. The village chief approached Xu Ran and presented him the list of gifts. Xu Ran had a look at it and saw that the money he converted from the gifts he had received was less than half of what he had spent.

He was doing it for the Baozi 100-day celebration, not to collect money; otherwise, he may have been so enraged that he puked blood.

The current list was lengthy, but no one had given money. Xu Ran stowed it away and told the village chief, "Thank you so much, chief of the village. Thank you for your tireless efforts throughout the morning. Tonight, come to my place for supper! Tonight I also have visitors. The more the merrier."

The village chief didn't say nay "Okay, I'll go back for the time being and return later. Put on a show for your guests! They don't appear to be ordinary people."

Xu Ran smiled, "You are joking. I'm just a peasant. Even if I want to know extraordinary people, I can never!"

The village chief smiled without saying a word.

Xu Ran could finally greet Qin Shuwu and the others after seeing the village head off. Qin Shuwu, on the other hand, said that he was returning after greeting them.

Xu Ran said, "Are you blaming me for your unfair treatment? Why are you leaving so soon after finishing your meal? Even if you aren't planning on staying overnight, you must extend your stay!"

Qin Shuwu said, "No, I really have something to do. Since the renovation is complete and you've also handed over the wooden shelf, I need to return and finish it as soon as possible. Dad and Daddy will be spending the night here, and you must look after them."

Xu Ran smiled, "Brother Qin, what are you talking about? Those are my sworn dad and daddy, so that's what I should do. Since you really have something important to do, I won't ask you to stay."

Once Xu Ran finished his words, Mr. Chen took out a piece of note from his top pocket, "Xu Ran! I came halfway, so I didn't prepare any gifts for the child. Take this money as my red packet money for the child."

Xu Ran pushed the note back, "Mr. Chen, what are you doing? I'm already very happy that you are here. Don't say anything else."

Mr. Chen said, "Xu Ran, we've known each other for almost two years! Thanks to you, Over the last two years, my restaurant's business has steadily improved. Aside from that, I have to attend your child's 100th birthday party. The only problem is that you didn't inform me about it. Regardless of what happens today, you must take my note. You're looking down on me if you don't take it."

Xu Ran's cheeks was flushed with embarrassment. He'd never seen anybody force someone else to take money before, and it was a terrible excuse. The most essential thing, though, was that it worked! With so many people there, Xu Ran couldn't say no to Mr. Chen at the table.