Chapter 103

Another Year

Wu Mei, on the other hand, screamed at the door, startling the others. Xu An enquired, "How are you doing, Meimei? What are you yelling for?"

Wu Mei clapped his hands and said, "I forgot to invite Xu Ran to dinner tomorrow."

Upon hearing this, Xu An gently patted Wu Mei on the shoulder "It's all right. I'll invite them over the next day. Don't be worried."

It appeared to be the only viable option. Wu Mei rubbed his temples, puzzled as to why he had such a bad memory.

Persuaded by Xu An, "Alright. Don't overthink things. All we have to do now is tell them. We should now prepare some water for our children. They're about to sleep for the night."

"Oh!" Wu Mei realized it was time to go to bed after hearing Xu An's words. Anything should be done tomorrow.

____

When Xu Ran was outdoors enjoying the snow the next morning, he received a message from Xu An and his family inviting them to lunch. Xu Ran, on the other hand, did not have to prepare lunch at home today.

Of course, he still had to have breakfast at home.

During breakfast, Xu Ran informed his family of the situation and decided to bring all of the vegetables they had left over from the night before.

However, Liu Tong intervened. ", he explained "Wu Lan and Liu Qing must have been invited by Wu Mei. Sending all of the vegetables to Wu Mei isn't a good idea. Furthermore, our field is devoid of veggies. Why don't you just keep these vegetables and eat them today for dinner?"

'Why would so many people treat us to meals when it isn't even the Spring Festival yet?' Xu Ran wondered. He considered it for a moment and decided to agree with Liu Tong, who had more worldly understanding, so he nodded and remained silent.

It turned out that Liu Tong was right.

On the 27th, Wu Mei, Liu Qing, and Wu Lan treated them, and on the 28th, Wu Mei, Liu Qing, and Wu Lan treated them. Then there came New Year's Eve the next day.

On New Year's Eve, people should eat dinner in their own houses. Zhuo Yun told Qin Shuwen that the trip had been well worth it because they had eaten at several places. It was a joyous occasion for foodies.

On New Year's Eve, most people awoke early in the morning. Chicken and fish must be plentiful, and pig heads must be boiled. There should be plenty of other fried foods available. Whatever the case may be, the table must be laden with delectable fare.

Xu Ran made a summary for himself and his family after they finished the heavy supper, and he expressed his gratitude to Shao Yu and Gao Quan in particular.

And this made the two feel a little bit shy.

Gao Quan was alright, but after a few words, Shao Yu became pretty emotional. He stated that he was quite happy here and that he had a fantastic life.

Xu Ran also stated that Shao Yu and Gao Quan did not need to address him as "master."

Xu Ran said, "Shao Yu and Gao Quan, just call me and Liu Tong by our names from now on. Thank you for this year."

Shao Yu stood up instantly and replied, "Please don't, master. We can't imagine our lives if you hadn't bought we two back. Thank you!"

"Please address me by my given name. There is no longer a'master.' We've been living together for about a year and know one other fairly well. It's weird to refer to me as master "Xu Ran expressed his thoughts.