6 - Plan B

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 6: Plan B
Word Count: 3782

No one's POV

Ariana and Nathan were in Ariana's bed. Nathan was sleeping. Ariana lay next to him, watching him sleep.

"You're staring." Nathan pointed out sleepily.

"I'm gazing." Ariana corrected as a loving smile appeared on her face.

"It's creepy."

"It's romantic."

Nathan opened his eyes and glanced at her. He proceeded to put a pillow over his face so she couldn't stare at him anymore.

"Hey!" Ariana laughed, removing the pillow. Nathan smiled and rolled on top of her, kissing her with passion. "Oh, this is bad of us."

"Yes, it is." Nathan murmured while planting kisses down Ariana's neck.

"If Madeline finds out..." Ariana trailed off. Nathan stopped kissing her neck to give her a playful smile.

"Madeline who?"

He kissed her lips softly. Ariana smiled, too, as she kissed him back.

Ariana rolled herself on top of Nathan and they continued to kiss, until Ariana pulled away.

"Okay, I, um, I need to be in the shower."

"Love it, let's go!" Nathan smirked.

"No, just me." Ariana chuckled. "I'm late. I'm decorating at the Lockwood charity thing."

"Well, what do you know. So am I." Nathan said.

"You think that's really a good idea to be at their house today? Mason Lockwood tried to kill you." Ariana pointed out.

"I don't trust Mason. I want to be there today to keep an eye on him." Nathan stated.

"Okay." Ariana sighed. "But then we can't touch or talk. And no lingering stares."

"No, none of that." Nathan rubbed his hand up and down Ariana's arm.

"What do you think will happen if Madeline finds out that we were fake fighting?" Ariana asked, suddenly quite worried.

Nathan sighed and sat up, wanting to phrase his next words carefully. He decided on simply avoiding the main question.

"I promise you, we're gonna get through this."

"I love you, Nathan." Ariana whispered softly. Nathan smiled.

"And I love you."

Ariana kissed Nathan again.

---

There were people everywhere, helping to set up for the Masquerade Ball. Bonnie was outside, carrying a box. Ariana and Elena saw her and walked over to her.

"You're here." Elena spoke.

"I'm here." Bonnie nodded. Elena took some candles out of the box Bonnie was carrying. Bonnie glanced around the yard.

"Caroline's not coming. We told you." Ariana said.

"Just making sure." Bonnie mumbled.

"You know, eventually, you're gonna have to talk to her."

"Could you make it a little less obvious you're on her side?" Bonnie sighed.

"There are no sides, Bonnie!" Ariana exclaimed.

"Come on! Since Caroline became a vampire, the three of us barely see each other. Losing Caroline was bad enough; I didn't think I'd lose both of you, too."