11 - Bloodlines

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 11: Bloodlines
Word Count: 3598

Elena's POV

Voicemail...

"A? Please pick up! I'm worried, Stefan's worried, Jeremy and Jenna are worried! Where are you? Stefan told me about the picture, I get that you must be confused about Madeline. Believe me, I'm confused about Katherine too! Just... Please call me." I then hung up.

"It's okay, we'll find her." Stefan comforted me. I was in one of his shirts, pacing, as he sat on the bed, watching me. "I don't blame her for freaking out over this."

"I don't blame her either! But Jenna called me and said that Ariana hadn't come home last night! You understand why I'm freaking out over that, right?" I fussed some more. Stefan came up behind me and kissed the side of my head, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"We'll find her." He whispered in my ear.

---

Ariana's POV

I couldn't move.

My breathing picked up pace as the man knelt down towards me. But, before I could scream loudly again, he was gone. He had ran off for some reason! And then someone else was there. I screamed, the person mumbled something. I looked again at who it was, I sighed in relief. It was Damon.

"D-Damon?" I whispered, my throat suddenly feeling dry and scratchy.

"Ana, are you okay?" He asked, he looked genuinely concerned which I found sweet. I tugged on my seatbelt again but it wouldn't budge.

"Damon, help me... It's my seatbelt, I can't move." A quiet sob escaped past my lips as I spoke.

"It's okay, it's okay. Listen to me, I need you to put your hands on the roof, okay?" I did as he said and put my hands on the roof. Damon broke my seatbelt and helped me out of the car.

My legs felt wobbly and weak, Damon caught me before I hit the ground. I looked up at him, black spots had already begun to cloud my vision. Damon lifted me up bridal style.

"Look at me Ana, focus. Look at me..." He kept repeating.

"Why didn't you tell me that I look like Madeline?" That was the last thing that I asked before I drifted into unconsciousness.

---

My eyelids fluttered open. My head was leaning against a car window. A fixed car window, this wasn't my car. I looked around and when I eventually noticed that I was in the passenger's seat and the car was moving, I panicked and looked towards the driver's seat. I sighed in relief when I saw that it was only Damon.

Damon turned to me and smiled.

"Glad to see that you're finally awake." He commented.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking out of the window again.

"We're right outside of Georgia." Damon replied. It took me a second to realise what he just said, but then my head snapped in his direction.

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"How're you doing? You feeling okay?" Damon questioned. I shrugged. "I checked for any severe injuries, you haven't broken any bones luckily."

"B-but... What... My car..." I stuttered. "There was a... A man... Did you see a man?" I asked. "He was a vampire!"

"Yeah, I saw him alright. I'd just like to know who the hell he was." Damon stated. I reached into my pockets and felt nothing.

"Wait, have you seen my phone? I have to call Elena and tell her where I am. Pull over." But Damon ignored me. "Damon, pull over!" He rolled his eyes and pulled over. I got out of the car. I was so tired, I still felt weak. In a second, Damon was by my side, looking concerned. "It's okay, I'm fine." I reassured him. "Damon, we need to go back! Elena doesn't know where I am, Jenna doesn't either!! You're literally kidnapping me."