10 - Nostalgia's a Bitch

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 10: Nostalgia's a Bitch
Word Count: 3554

A/N: I'm sorry that there hasn't been much Skylar time with her parents! If you noticed, I did manage to slide Valerie back into the story very briefly, and I will hopefully do that again if I can. There was parent time in season 7 but not much now.
HOWEVER, I am waiting for the next chapter (true TVD fans will know what happens next chapter😔) and onwards for some REAL Skylar and Stefan father-daughter content!
But it is the last day of half-term and I have to get back to exams tomorrow so please be patient with chapters! I am really eager to finish this book so I am trying to upload chapters as often as I can!
-L xx

---

Skylar was jogging through the woods when she quickly called Caroline, continuing to jog as she put her headphones in. Caroline soon answered.

"Good morning."

"That was throughly unconvincing. What are you up to?"

"Oh, you know, just motivating."

"Translation: you are still in bed, moping about my dad."

"Guilty as charged. Why are you breathing so heavy?"

"I'm jogging. I needed to get out, clear my head."

"What's on your mind?"

"Enzo. I need your advice. You want to grab breakfast?"

"I'm the last person you should be asking for relationship advice. At least your fiancé is such a sweet romantic! Mine turned Miss Mystic Falls into a vampire just to spite me. So, no, I am not going anywhere."

Skylar entered her home, closing the door behind her as she used her vampire hearing to pick up the sounds of Caroline moping about upstairs.

"Fine. Breakfast in bed it is. How do you like your eggs?"

"Your home already? That was quick. Well, welcome home, honey."

Skylar laughed at Caroline's sarcasm before seeing someone sat in the room, making her jump. She then noticed that it was Damon sitting on a chair in the living room, looking straight ahead at nothing in particular.

"Uncle Damon?" She waved a hand in front of his face to get his attention, but Damon didn't move.

"Wait, Damon's here too?"

"Get down here, Caroline. Call Bonnie while you're at it. Now."

---

"What do you think happened to him?" Bonnie wondered.

"I'm guessing Sybil happened." Skylar sighed as she was observing Damon sitting still on the chair. "But the real question is: what did she do to his brain this time?"

"Only one way to find out." Bonnie murmured. "Can one of you jump us both in there?"

"Will you let me go back to bed if I tell you I can't?" Caroline piped up. Bonnie glanced at her.

"Not a chance."

"Come on, Caroline. I'll reverse siphon you so I'll be giving you some of my magic. It's like channeling for vampires." Skylar offered, holding out her hand for Caroline to take. "We'll do it together."

So, Caroline nodded and took Skylar's outstretched hand. Skylar then used her other hand to take Bonnie's. Caroline used her free hand to touch Damon's shoulder to get inside his mind, and all three of them gasped after getting out of his mind. What they saw had shocked all of them.