1 - Rebirth

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 1: Rebirth
Word Count: 2486

(A/N: If you get confused, rewatch The Originals ❤️)

No one's POV

Elijah, Avery, Hayley, and Klaus were planning their attack against the Guerreras that night in the dining room.

"We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit on the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail, and the rest scattered amongst her lackeys." Elijah explained. "Now, each ring is distinguishable by its setting — gauche, like those that wear them."

"Seems like I walked into something big?" A voice cut in. Everyone turned to see Ariana stood in the doorway. She hesitantly stepped over the threshold. "Lucky me."

"Love." Klaus greeted her, shocked yet happy to see her. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Nik." Ariana walked over and pulled him into a hug. "Just thought I'd take a small trip down to see my favorite original hybrid?" Elijah cleared his throat. "And of course, my favorite guy in a suit! Hey, 'Lijah." Ariana hugged him, too, before she turned to the two girls in the room, who were watching her.

"Ariana, right?" Avery spoke. Ariana smiled at her and nodded. "I remember you as a friend of Tyler's. Oh, and Klaus has mentioned you... and his undying love for you, of course." Ariana glanced down at her words, a little embarrassed and awkward.

"Keep your mouth shut." Klaus snapped at her. Avery kept an emotionless expression as she shrugged.

"Just saying..."

"Well, I would believe the whole 'undying love' part... if he hadn't hooked up with me literally in the middle of the woods, and I woke up, naked and alone, to find out that he'd already left Mystic Falls. Ouch." Ariana joked.

"That was why he looked so cheerful when he'd returned." Elijah commented, smirking over at the two, but it seemed like Klaus took great offense to Ariana's words.

"I didn't leave you!"

"Well, you didn't say goodbye, either. Ditcher."

"I could always make up for it." Klaus walked behind her, placing his hands on her waist and pulling her up to his chest, placing his lips by her ear. "You know, with another night, more unforgettable than the last?"

"Well, I might be here for a while, so... we'll come back to that, yeah?" Ariana giggled. Klaus pulled away with a satisfied smile, turning to face his true love.

"So, I take it you and Damon never got back together like I originally thought." But his words made Ariana tense up, a frown replacing her smile. Klaus noticed almost immediately. "What is it?"

"Damon is dead, Nik..." Ariana announced sadly. "That's why I came here... I needed to get away..."

"Oh, I am... I am sorry..." Klaus was almost speechless, shocked by the news. He was certainly not expecting that.

"I'm starting afresh. New home, new life." Ariana sighed. "Do you mind if I stay here for a little while? Just until I can find the time and courage to compel myself a place to stay?"

"Yes, of course." Klaus whispered. It was really the least he could do for her. "Elijah won't mind. Right, Elijah?"

"Right." Elijah nodded, sending Ariana a pitiful glance that wasn't really helpful but well appreciated. "You're welcome to stay anytime, Ariana."

"Can we please focus now?" Hayley spoke up in an impatient tone. Avery glanced at her, smacking her arm in a scolding manner.

"Hayley! She's going through a loss!"