5 - The Killer

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 5: The Killer
Word Count: 4495

No one's POV

Ariana woke up in her bed. She got out of bed and went to her desk. She grabbed her diary.

Dear Diary,

I know that it's been forever since I've felt the need to write something down. If it wasn't for Elena, I wouldn't even write in a diary, but... I need to. I have so much things bottled up inside that I can't hold in anymore. So, I'm ready to spill my secret.

I'm a vampire. Just like Caroline. Just like the Salvatore brothers. Just like the Originals. Just like the Pierce twins. Just like so many of the people in this world. Just like my sister...

I no longer have to worry that I'll grow old, leaving Elena behind, because now I've joined her in the world of the undead. When Elena was turned into a vampire by Klaus, I thought that that would be it. She'd stay immortal, I'd stay human, and when I grew old and died, I'd be able to watch Elena for eternity from the afterlife. But now, I've joined her and have become immortal myself. I don't really know what to say about the whole thing. But... I know what I feel.

Hurt... no, depressed. Angry... no, furious! Everything is heightened, my senses, my feelings, everything. And I hate it. I despise it. But the worst feeling of all... I'm scared. I'm terrified!

I have so many people to help me through it, but how long will that last? I'm going to lose control, and everyone that I love and care about will turn against me.

Although, I still don't see myself as a monster. I can't. Almost everyone I've ever known are vampires, and it's only a matter of time before the remaining human ones will die and join us, getting tangled in the supernatural world, just like Elena and I were when Damon and Stefan came back into town.

I may not be a monster, my loved ones aren't monsters, but that doesn't mean that I can't hate that part of myself with a passion. The part of myself that wants to drain the blood out of the bodies of innocent people. I'll forever despise that part, and there's nothing that I could do to stop it. Turning my humanity off wasn't an option. I'm not weak!

But, not to worry, I'll get through this. Eventually. I have all of the people I've ever loved with me, every step of the way, through this huge change in my life. And I'll be forever grateful.

- A.Gilbert

---

Ariana opened her bedroom door. Damon walked right into her room without saying anything to her.

"Um, rude." Ariana scoffed. "What are you doing?"

"Where are my brothers and your sister?" Damon asked. "No one's answering their phones and they're not here, which you know, big deal, we've only got a killer vampire hunter on the loose."

"I haven't talked to any of them yet today." Ariana told him.

"Still haven't spoken to Elena today?" Damon smirked.

"Not since that bitch called me a slut." Ariana rolled her eyes.

"Hmm." Damon walked towards Ariana and stuck out his hand. "Give me your phone. Maybe they're dodging me." Ariana started digging through her purse for her phone.

"I'd understand why Elena would be dodging you, but why would Stefan and Nathan be?" Ariana wondered.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the hot dance party business. I figured you spilled your guts the minute I left last night." Damon shrugged. Ariana said nothing, hiding her blush, and continued to search for her phone. Damon noticed and smirked again. "Ohhh, you didn't tell them, did you?"