13 - Into the Wild

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 13: Into the Wild
Word Count: 2311

No one's POV

Klaus was standing in the living room of the Gilbert house, looking at Kol's burnt corpse. He looked upset. Ariana was sat on the couch, her cheeks damp with tears, and her eyes looked almost lost, like she really wasn't herself anymore...

Tyler walked through the front door.

"Morning, sunshine." Tyler greeted Ariana with a sympathetic smile, before turning to Klaus. "You look pathetic."

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking us in here wears off. Then, I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets." Klaus growled.

"My friends will be back with the cures by then. So, I could shove one of them down your throat and make you mortal." Tyler shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you." Klaus smirked.

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it." Tyler explained.

"Knock it off, Ty." Ariana snapped quietly, which actually made Tyler shut up. But his words had already angered Klaus enough.

Klaus vamp sped towards Tyler, but couldn't get him due to the barrier.

"I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter." Klaus chuckled. Tyler glared at Klaus, who looked pleased with his taunting.

Ariana rolled her eyes, staying silent as she tried to drown out their bickering. No pun intended.

---

Caroline entered through the back door. She saw Tyler.

"You're still here? What are you doing?"

"Gloating." Tyler poured himself a drink. Caroline then noticed Ariana sat on the couch still, in the same position as before.

"Ari...?" No answer. "A-are you okay?" No answer. Caroline turned to Tyler. "What's going on?" Getting only a concerned shrug in return from Tyler, Caroline sighed and walked over to kneel in front of Ariana. "Hey... I'm here, what's wrong?"

"Were you in on it? Did you know what they were planning?" Ariana questioned quietly. Caroline looked confused, so Ariana simply gestured to Kol's burnt body. That made Caroline look down as guilt flooded her. But that was all that Ariana needed. Her eyes went from sad and teary to hard and cold. "Get out."

"Ari--"

"Stay the hell away from me."

"No." Caroline responded stubbornly. "No... I'm not going anywhere, Ari... I'm here for you..."

"I don't want you to be here for me, Caroline, don't you get that?!" Ariana yelled, standing up. "I can't go anywhere, but you can sure as hell go away!" She walked to the corner right by where the barrier was. Leaning her back against the wall, she slid down it and turned away from Caroline, leaving the blonde to watch her with concern, sympathy... and pure guilt.

Klaus then suddenly emerged from the living room and walked as far as he could within the confines of the spell, not noticing Ariana in the corner yet.