18 - Resident Evil

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 18: Resident Evil
Word Count: 4004

Vision

Ariana's POV

In a cafe, I sat and wrote in my open journal. After scribbling for a few moments, I became frustrated and ripped one of the pages out of my journal. I put a salt shaker over it to keep it from flying off into the wind, but it became dislodged, which definitely made me frustrated. As I got up to chase after it, someone picked it up, and our eyes met. It was a handsome looking guy. His good looks had me slightly in awe.

"You lose something?" He smiled.

"Uh, yes. It's a particularly mortifying page from my journal." I chuckled, swiping a hand through my hair to keep it out of my face.

"You, uh, censor your journal? Pretty sure that's against journal rules." The attractive guy teased.

"And I'm pretty sure that you're not the journal police." I shot back playfully. "Trust me, it's really bad."

"I'm officially intrigued." The guy smirked.

"And I'm officially not kidding." I was starting to lose my patience, but I relaxed when the guy kindly handed me the page back. "Thank you. I'm Ariana, but feel free to shorten it. It's too long for my taste."

"I'll go with Ana, if that's alright with you. It suits you." The attractive guy complimented. "I'm Nathan."

But suddenly, the sound of a loud honking of a car horn, followed by the screech of tires, was heard as a car came swerving down the road. Nathan had to pretty much dive out of the way to avoid getting hit, and my heart skipped a beat with worry.

End of Vision

---

No one's POV

Ariana jolted into consciousness, startled. She looked around and saw that she was just in her bed in her dorm, sighing with relief when she realised that it was just a dream.

Looking around, Ariana could hear the slow breaths from the bunk beneath hers, letting her know that Caroline was still peacefully sleeping. However, it seemed that when Ariana had woke up, she'd accidentally woken Elena up, too, who was sat up in her bunk.

"You ok?" She asked Ariana, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Yeah. I just..." Ariana's mind travelled back to the reason she was jolted awake. "I just had a really crazy dream." About her sister's boyfriend... that couldn't have been good...

---

Caroline, Ariana, and Elena all entered the Grill.

"Well, I guess my mom's not here yet." Caroline spoke.

"I'm gonna get us some coffees." Elena then headed towards the bar.

Ariana was grasping a set of keys in her hand, but they accidentally slipped through her fingers and dropped in front of her feet. When she reached down to pick them up, she tensed up as another dream began playing in her mind. But she wasn't asleep... her weird dreams had now upgraded to daydreams, too.

---

Vision

Ariana's POV

It was night time. I was approaching the front door of my house, fiddling with my house key, when I dropped the key chain. Sighing to myself, I reached down to pick them up... but somebody else had already beaten me to it, reaching down to retrieve my keys. I glanced at him and smiled softly. It was Nathan.