8 - We Have History Together

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 8: We Have History Together
Word Count: 1638

Dear Ari,

Sorry it's been a while. Three weeks, to be exact.

By now, Skylar is off enjoying Paris with Enzo. I think that's where Elena and Nathan are right now, so they're all staying together I'm pretty sure. Ric promised he'd write to you from his self-imposed witness protection with our kids. That leaves me, catching up on work projects and trying not to think about the past. Which is ironic, considering where my boss sent me today.

By the way, Mystic Falls High School looks exactly the same as when you last saw it. I'm sure you've noticed there's someone missing from this entry, apart from Bonnie, but is just the same old Bonnie that we both love.

Stefan is with Damon now. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but I know it isn't good. So I'm doing everything I can to think about other things instead. Like I said, there's always work.

- C.Forbes

---

Enzo let out a weary groan from the bed, stirring awake and sitting up. He looked around the empty room in confusion, but moments later, Skylar walked back, wearing nothing but her underwear and one of Enzo's shirts. Enzo smirked once he saw that.

"Good morning, love. Where did you run off to?"

"I just got off of the phone with my mom." Skylar grinned. Valerie had been too busy finding herself in the world to reply to any of Skylar's messages, but when the Salvatore heretic woke up, she was over the moon to discover that Valerie was calling her. Skylar walked over and sat back down on the bed. "I've really missed hearing her voice! We talked about you, Nora, Mary Lou, Lily... everything really! How much she is enjoying herself out there, all independent. We even talked about the fact that I found my soulmate. My mom thinks that I needed someone great after Nora to top that love, and when I mentioned that I had found that with you... well, my mom was over the moon for it."

"I'm flattered." Enzo chuckled, pressing a kiss to Skylar's lips, making her giggle happily. "I'm happy that you got to speak to your mother. Is she coming back?"

"Not for a while." Skylar replied sadly. "I miss her, but she's off enjoying the lively parties and exotic drinks in China as we speak, learning their language."

"Fun." Enzo commented. Skylar smiled widely and fell back on the bed, laying beside Enzo, staring into his eyes.

"You know we have to return to reality, right?" I sighed.

"Says who?" Enzo's eyebrows furrowed. "We could run away together, you and I."

"Don't say too much about running away. Nathan and Elena could be eavesdropping. They'll gossip it to Caroline and Bonnie in a heartbeat." Skylar laughed. Nathan and Elena had kindly offered that Skylar and Enzo could stay with them at the house they'd temporarily rented. The engaged couple had been staying in Paris for about nine months because of Elena's love for Paris, but they would be leaving for their next place in the world shortly. Skylar's My face fell as she thought about her friends back at home.

"The Miss Mystic Falls pageant is coming up... we'll obviously have to attend. I'm afraid Caroline would paralyze us if we didn't."

Enzo then sat upright, pulling Skylar up with him and onto his lap. Skylar cheekily smiled before he leaned over, pulling a long thin box out of the side-table drawer.

"I meant to give this to you on our first day here, but now is as good a time as any..."

Skylar's eyebrows furrowed as she sat on her knees across from him.