20 - I'd Leave My Happy Home For You

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 20: I'd Leave My Happy Home For You
Word Count: 1975

A/N: MOST of this is just a filler, except for the last bit, which (obviously) is important, so please just bare with me as we approach the end of season 6!!! ❤️❤️❤️
-L xx

---

Ariana wiped some leftover blood off of her lips, licking it off of her finger as she through the empty blood bag into a nearby bin. She'd very reluctantly resorted to blood bags when she realised that drinking from humans would draw too much attention to herself. She was trying to not be caught, especially since all of her friends were searching for her, planning to lock her up again.

She had, however, managed to discreetly compel a few local humans to be her eyes and ears, keeping their eyes out for her friends and reporting back to her. Something had definitely twisted in Ariana that night when she got a call (on her brand new phone that she'd stolen) from one of her human spies, who'd told her that Elena and Bonnie had thrown Jo a Bachelorette party. She had obviously managed to disguise her hurt that they'd leave her out, but she couldn't blame them. It gave her a whole night to hide out while they were off partying.

Caroline, after turning her humanity back on, had fled for God knows how long, needing to clear her head after realising what she'd done. She left without even saying anything to Ariana, probably scared that she'd ruined their friendship. But Ariana couldn't care less. Caroline was getting annoying anyway.

All Ariana had to do now was find a way to not be found. She'd thought multiple times about just up and leaving Mystic Falls altogether, to go back to New Orleans or something, but she then realised that it probably wasn't the best idea considering that Klaus would immediately realise that she wasn't herself and would probably compel her to turn it back on. Other than that, she had no where else to go.

No, correction: There was no where else she wanted to go.

So, there Ariana walked, thinking about how Elena and Bonnie were throwing a Bachelorette party for Jo, Caroline was completely MIA, and Matt, Damon, Nathan, and Stefan were throwing Alaric a Bachelor party.

And, for a moment, Ariana's heart tugged with longing. But it wasn't enough for her to feel anything real. She was beginning to think she was never going to feel anything real ever again.

She was all alone now...

---

Stefan was in his room, hearing the raging music from Alaric's Bachelor party downstairs, as he'd slipped away for a moment of silence. He slowly pulled out his phone and began scrolling through his contacts. His original idea was to call Caroline and see if she was okay, but as one of his first contacts appeared on the screen, he clicked on that instead.

Ariana's contact...

However, it goes straight to voicemail (considering she'd crushed that phone).

"Hey, it's Ariana! Ugh, you call me that, you're dead. Ari here! Um... what else are you supposed to say on voicemails? I'll just let you say whatever you want, yeah? So, leave a message, and I'll call you back. Bye! Lots of love!"

Stefan smiled before hearing the familiar beep, and he left a message.

"You're so happy in your voicemail. I miss that... you know, your genuine smile and the light in your eyes. It's... been a while since I've seen it, I guess." He paused for a moment. "Speaking of happy, uh, that thumping bass you hear in the background? That's, um, Damon's genius idea to host Ric's bachelor party, despite the fact that our mother apparently lives here now. Who I've been ducking, by the way, in case you haven't noticed. I guess what I'm saying is... call me back. Otherwise, I'm gonna start running out of reasons to avoid everything that is going on in my life right now. I don't want you to keep running, Ana. You should be here. I don't know where you are, or why you're just trying to avoid the inevitable. I'm not sure if it's because you don't want to be locked up again, or because you're trying to run from your problems. I know that it's hard... believe me, I've gone through the same thing once or twice. But I promise you, you don't want a life full of feeling no pain or remorse. It'll only confuse you. It'll mess with your mind and make you mix up your beliefs, and I know that deep down, that's the last thing that you want. You're good, Ana! You're pure, and honestly... hearing your voicemail, and the happiness in your words, is the only thing that's keeping me together right now, with Caroline gone and all. I really want my best friend back, and I know that she wants my best friend back, too. I know that you're fighting your emotions internally. But just this once? Let it win. Feel, and this will all be over. The running, and the hiding. Come home, and I can help you, I promise. Please... just come home. Please."