19 - Miss Mystic Falls

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 19: Miss Mystic Falls
Word Count: 5536

Ariana's POV

I walked, hand in hand, with Nathan. Elena was also walking on my other side. The three of us smiled when we saw a red car driving by into a parking space in the school car park. It was Stefan's car. The three of us walked up to it as Stefan got out with some fancy sunglasses on.

"Nice car." Elena complimented Stefan and his awesome car.

"I thought it was a waste to leave it sitting in the garage." Stefan replied, taking off his sunglasses and putting them in his pocket.

He walked over and kissed Elena gently on the lips. I smiled, they were a cute couple. They definitely care a lot about each other. I'm glad that my sister had someone like Stefan!

"I didn't know you were coming back today." I spoke up. Stefan looked over at me.

"You know, I woke up this morning and I was feeling great, and I figured it was time for me to get back into things." Stefan stated.

"Does that mean you're okay now?" Elena asked. "With all the cravings?"

"Yeah, I mean, the worst part is over." Stefan responded. "So... now all I want to do is just spend as much time with you as possible."

"I'm okay with that." Elena whispered.

She smiled up at Stefan and he smiled back down at her. Cute.

"Aww." I couldn't resist... they looked over at me. "Oops, sorry. Carry on..."

"Hey, thank you. All of you." Stefan looked from Elena, to me, to Nathan, and back to Elena. "For helping me get through the... the rough patch."

All three of us smiled at him as a way to say 'you're welcome'.

"Come on, we're gonna be late." Nathan spoke up.

"Um, you know what? I'll catch up with you. I'm gonna grab my stuff." Stefan mumbled. "I'll be right behind you."

We slowly nodded and I walked off with Nathan, still hand in hand, and Elena. We all had the same class, so we all headed to History.

I was so happy that Nathan joined school. I still found it funny that he was stuck as a 20 year old, but was posing as a 17 year old to be able to attend high school with us.

---

I sat in history class. Stefan only came in just before Mr. Saltzman did. He took a seat on the other side of Elena. I sat at a desk in between Elena and Nathan.

"Okay. This week, we're going to set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founder's day. Apparently, the community leaders feel that's more important than word war II." Mr. Saltzman explained. "But, hey, what do I know?"

Suddenly, the door opened, and Bonnie hurried in. I sat up straighter, I hadn't seen her in ages.

"Sorry I'm late." Bonnie spoke.

"Looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Mr. Saltzman responded.

Bonnie went and found her seat at a free desk on the row behind us, at the desk behind Nathan. Mine and Elena's eyes both followed Bonnie as she took her seat.

"Right, Founder's day. What does it mean to have a Founder's day? Well, if you'll turn your attention to this exquisite diorama over here that I spent all night..." Mr. Saltzman continued, but I accidentally zoned out.

Until I heard the bell. I quickly got up and collected my stuff. I waited for the others and we all left the classroom together. I wanted to wait for Bonnie, but she was already out the classroom before I even got up. I grabbed Elena's hand and we said goodbye to Stefan and Nathan.