5 - You're Undead to Me

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 5: You're Undead to Me
Word Count: 4555

Damon's POV

My vision was kind of fuzzy as I lay, weak, on a small single bed in a cell in the basement. I was covered in sweat and the vervain made me so weak that I could barely move or speak.

I looked over at the door to see Stefan looking through the bars.

"T-tell me where you... Put my ring." I weakly whispered.

"No, you won't really be needing the ring anymore if you're going to be staying down here." Stefan responded.

"H-how long have I been down... Down here?" I tried to ask but my words came out all slurred, making me sound drunk. Lucky for me, vampires don't get drunk.

"Only three days. With many more days to go." Stefan stated.

"B-b-but you know what will actually h-happen if I don't get... Access to blood soon..." I muttered.

"Yeah, you'll keep growing weaker and weaker until the lack of blood in your system will make you desiccate. When you desiccate, you will technically be a living corpse. The only way to get you to move or speak again will be to feed you blood, but that's not going to happen. I'll make sure you will cause no more harm on this town or any other." Stefan explained.

"You... You can't keep me in the basement for all of eternity!" I managed to exclaim, crawling off of the bed and onto the floor. I crawled closer to the door where Stefan stood on the other side.

"I won't. After you have desiccated, I'll move you to the family crypt. If you're lucky, I might feed you blood in maybe fifteen years or less, but that might not even happen." Stefan said. "I'm sorry it had to be this way Damon, but I had no other choice. I need to protect Elena, Ariana, and the whole town too."

---

Ariana's POV

My eyelids fluttered open and I rolled onto my back. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I stumbled out of bed and stretched, then pulled my curtains open, getting temporarily blinded by the bright sunlight outside.

I got back into bed and picked up my diary that lay on my bedside table with a bunch of other books. I opened it up and flipped to the first clear page in the diary, which was over half way through. After Elena convinced me to get one, I wrote in the diary all the time. I grabbed a pen.

But, right now, my mind was blank. I had no idea what I wanted to write. I closed the diary again and put the diary and pen back on my bedside table.

I walked out of my bathroom to see Elena close the bathroom door, my twin stood in shock in the hallway. I walked up to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. Elena snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me.

"Vicki Donovan is in our bathroom..." Was all Elena said. My eyes widened. Elena and I then walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Jenna sat. "Jenna, do you know what's going on upstairs or do you just not care?" Elena asked.

"Oh, I know exactly what's going on... I mean, I never said that I didn't care. Jeremy is still only a kid! But if he was going to bring home a girl, he should at least make an effort to sneak her in and out of the house." Jenna explained. I walked up to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and then sat beside Jenna at the table. "Oh, by the way girls, I'm not going to be home for dinner." I gasped, trying to contain a squeal as I put the pieces together.

"You're actually doing it? You're going to go on a date with Logan Fell after already going out with him once?" I questioned.

"Oi, I'm not doing it because I'm into him. I'm doing it so I can show up and make him miserable for the night and torture him in any way that I can." Jenna smirked to herself, she then turned to Elena. "Hey, have you not heard from Stefan yet?"