12 - The Devil Inside

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 12: The Devil Inside
Word Count: 2880

No one's POV

Madeline was pacing, agitated as Ariana's phone was ringing again.

"Seriously, I've never met a group of needier people. It's bad enough that Damon's trying to win me back!"

"You're the one who was all over him on your death bed. Didn't you, like, sleep together a few days ago?" Katherine mentioned, sat on the bed.

"That was then, Kat." Madeline rolled her eyes. "Even I can make awful choices. Damon's simply obsessed with me." She picked up Ariana's phone. "But seriously, listen to these needy people! 'Where are you?' 'I'm worried about you.' 'Call me.' 'Are you going to Tyler's party?' It's a wonder this thing still has a battery."

"They're getting suspicious." Nadia sighed. "We need to find your bodies."

"Damon texted and asked if I was going to Tyler's party. Maybe Kat and I do go, convince everyone that Ariana and Elena is alive and well, and I casually ask him where he buried me." Madeline suggested. "I mean, despite his obvious love for me, Ariana's got Damon wrapped around her finger."

"No. No way!" Natalia exclaimed. "It's just a matter of time until Ariana and Elena shows up again."

"So, come with us! Shove them back in if that happens." Madeline replied.

"This is NOT the right place for you to be around all her friends." Natalia pointed out.

"I've impersonated Elena a thousand times, and so has Madeline with Ariana. We can mimic everything about them." Katherine smirked.

"This is different.. You're not impersonating Ariana and Elena. You ARE them." Nadia responded.

"When is their birthday? What grade did Ariana and Caroline meet? Where did Elena kiss Nathan for the first time?" Natalia questioned.

"Okay! Okay! We get your point." Madeline snapped.

"We're gonna have to brush up on a few fun facts, and I know exactly who could help us." Katherine smirked.

---

In Mystic Falls, Matt was sitting on a park bench in the town square, when Katherine and Madeline, disguised as Elena and Ariana, approached him from behind.

"Guess who?" Katherine, in Elena's body, placed her hands over Matt's eyes.

"Hmmm. I wonder." Matt joked. "Elena Gilbert?"

"Yep!" Katherine removed her hands from his eyes and placed a kiss on his cheek. The Pierce Twins joined Matt on the bench.

"Hey, Ari." Matt greeted.

"Hello, Matt!" Madeline grinned, yet her eyes remained cold and empty.

"You two are in a good mood." Matt noticed.

"Well. It's a good day! We're alive." Madeline pointed out.

"Yes, we are." Matt nodded. "We're partying tonight."

"Yes, we are!" Katherine giggled.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Matt asked.

"Are you still drinking vervain?" Madeline wondered.

"No. I wear this bracelet." Matt raised the bracelet to eye level. "In case anyone needs my blood, remember?"

"This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you..." Katherine then ripped the bracelet from Matt's arm. "Ouch!"