7 - Masquerade

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 7: Masquerade
Word Count: 2325

No one's POV

Jenna was coming home from the hospital. Jeremy, Matt, Elena, and Ariana were helping her.

"Okay, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna whined.

"The doctors said that you have to take it easy." Ariana pointed out.

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, alright?" Jeremy joked.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna chuckled weakly. "I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?"

"It was a freak accident." Elena sighed.

"Yeah, it happens." Ariana shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Matt mentioned. Jenna laughed, then winced in pain. They all put her on the couch.

"What should I do with this?" Matt held up a bag with food.

"I got it." Ariana took it and went into the kitchen while Matt and Elena stayed with Jenna and Jeremy followed Ariana into the kitchen.

"So, what are we gonna do?"

"Make lunch." Ariana replied.

"About the Pierce twins." Jeremy mumbled.

"We're not gonna do anything, Jeremy." Ariana sighed, busying herself with making lunch.

"They tried to kill Jenna. We can't let them get away with that!" Jeremy exclaimed.

"Yes we can." Elena had entered the room. Ariana and Jeremy glanced at her as Elena spoke. "If it keeps us safe then we can."

"And what if they try something else?" Jeremy argued.

"She won't. Katherine and Madeline hurt Jenna because Ari and I didn't do what they said. We're not doing it now, me and Stefan are over. And Ariana broke up with Nathan, too. They win, the end." Elena finished.

"You're being naive and you know it." Then, Jeremy headed towards the nearest exit.

"Where are you going?" Ariana called after her little brother/cousin.

"Out! I'll be back." Jeremy left.

---

Elena, Ariana, and Matt were all talking.

"You know, you're welcome to hang out." Ariana offered to Matt. "Alaric's coming over. It's gonna be pizza and bad TV."

"Uh, I'd love to but I'm going to the masquerade party at the Lockwoods." Matt replied, looking between the Gilbert Twins. "Aren't you?"

"Uh, no... not with what's going on with me and Stefan." Elena mumbled, looking down. 

"Me, too; I'm gonna stay in. Sorry, Matt." Ariana said. Matt nodded.

"I've got to go, there's something I got to do."

"What?" Ariana questioned Matt.

"Just something, I can't talk about it but I've got to go."

"Okay. Well, have fun." Ariana smiled.

"Yeah. Me in a suit." Matt joked.

"You look good in a suit." Elena grinned. Matt grinned back at her, then left. Ariana turned to her twin and saw Elena looking down and frowning.

"Hey..." Ariana grabbed Elena's hands. "You and Stefan will work it out."

"I don't think so, A. There's so much about me and Stefan that'll never work, and..." Elena trailed off, quickly turning apologetic. "God, I'm so sorry, Ari... I sound so self-centered! Yes, Stefan and I broke up, but so did you and Nathan! Are you two had an epic love that me and Stefan would've never had... I'm sorry."