22 - Home

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 22: Home
Word Count: 3569

No one's POV

Stefan's body lay on a couch while Caroline cried over it. Elena, Nathan, Ariana, and Damon all suddenly rushed in. They noticed Stefan's body.

"Oh, my God. Stefan!" Ariana rushed forward, her eyes tearing up at the sight of her dead best friend as she sat on the coffee table in front of the body. A tear fell down her cheek delicately in a slow trail... she was in too much of a shock to properly register what had happened.

"I didn't know where to bring him, and I just couldn't leave him outside." Caroline sobbed, while Damon and Nathan both simply just stared at Stefan's body, disconcerted, and exchanged sad glances. "Bonnie has a plan, right? She... she said that she could bring people back!" No one responded. "Tell me that she can bring him back!"

"We'll bring him back." Nathan reassured.

"Come on. Let's get away from prying eyes." Damon advised, starting to get Stefan's body.

---

Luke and Liv were driving when Luke saw Ariana standing in the middle of the road at the last minute. He slammed on the brakes and the tires squealed as the car came to a full stop, just inches from hitting Ariana. She stared at them, wearing a smirk.

"And I bet if I turn around..." Luke looked back and saw Caroline standing behind the car.

"Using our own tricks against us." Liv scoffed, taking off her seat belt. "Jerks." She got out of the car and walked towards Ariana. Caroline also walked towards the front of the car.

"A little tip. If you're gonna flee the scene of the crime, take back roads." Ariana shrugged.

"Do you really want to do this, again?" Liv rolled her ocean blue eyes.

"You mean the part where you try to kill a doppelgänger? There's no point. Stefan's already dead." Ariana informed. Liv looked at her and then at Caroline, surprised. She sighed and looked back at Ariana.

"I know you don't believe me, but I am sorry."

"Good." Ariana smiled. "Because you're gonna help bring him back."

"Look... I get what you need from us, but if all of the doppelgängers are alive again, the Travelers can restart their spell. Witch magic goes bye-bye, and all you vamps, you're goners." Liv informed.

"They're not gonna have a chance to start again because in order to bring Stefan back, we're gonna have to kill them, a lot of them, including Markos." Ariana stated.

"We can't help you. Even if we wanted to, our coven would kill us." Luke pointed out.

"Stefan saved your life!" Caroline piped up, shooting Luke an annoyed look, causing the witch to glance back at her.

"I know he did, but--"

"We can't risk it." Liv argued, cutting off Luke's words. Caroline vamp sped over and snapped Luke's neck, his body falling to the ground with a dull thud. "No!" Liv cried out for her twin brother.

"Your brother's officially on the Other Side." Caroline said. "Think you can risk it now?"

---

Jeremy, Matt, Damon, Ariana, Nathan, Elena, and Caroline were all on a phone call with eachother. Or Jeremy, Elena, Nathan, Matt, and Damon were in the same room and were on a call to Ariana and Caroline, who were on the road still, via speaker phone.

D: "Class is in session. First assignment: Anti-magic perimeter. Gilbert, what do you got?"

J: "I walked around Mystic Falls this morning to see where my hunter instincts disappeared."