10 - The Sacrifice

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 10: The Sacrifice
Word Count: 3804

No one's POV

Ariana awakened from her slumber when she heard a noise coming from inside the house. Her bedroom door was slightly ajar. Ariana lay back down, turned over in her bed, and shut her eyes.

Ariana was jolted out of bed, once again, when she heard a door slamming loudly. She got out of bed and slowly walked across her room. She quietly opened her ajar door and walked out onto the landing. Ariana looked around the landing for anything suspicious and quietly approached Elena's room, looking in through her ajar door. She was asleep. Ariana moved to Jeremy's room and saw that he was also asleep.

Suddenly, Ariana heard a noise from behind her. She gasped and span around. Alaric, shirtless and in his boxers, had also been startled by Ariana's unexpected appearance on the landing. Ariana and Alaric both tried to catch their breath after the scare.

"Ari. Ahem." Alaric lowered the ice cream bowl he was carrying towards his nether region.

"I heard something." Ariana mumbled. Alaric chuckled nervously. Ariana avoided his gaze, embarrassed. Jenna walked up the stairs, wearing Alaric's shirt. She ran her hand through her hair, embarrassed as well.

"That was us. I'm sorry..." Jenna apologized.

"We didn't think anyone was up." Alaric said.

"But here you are... and here we are." Jenna blushed in embarrassment.

Jenna and Alaric tried to explain the situation to Ariana, but were failing in their attempt. Alaric sighed and held out the ice cream bowl to Ariana.

"Chunky Monkey?"

Ariana politely declined.

"Well..." Alaric chuckled nervously. "I'm naked. So I'm gonna go..."

Alaric walks past Ariana and into Jenna's bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Ariana started to walk back towards her room. Jenna, embarrassed, walked up the remainder of the stairs.

"I'm really, really sorry."

Ariana turned around when she reached her doorway.

"It's okay, Jenna."

"I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you... are you sure it's okay?" Jenna asked. Ariana nodded.

"Seems like things are good."

"They're extremely good." Jenna smiled.

"Then I'm extremely okay with it." Ariana responded, smiling back.

After Jenna and Ariana smiled one last time at each other, they returned to their respective rooms. Ariana got into her bed. She curled up in her blankets and drifted off to sleep.

---

Ariana was in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

"A, can you get that?!" Elena yelled from her room upstairs.

"On it!" Ariana hurried over to the door and opened it, revealing Stefan, Nathan, and Damon.

"Hey, we need to talk." Damon spoke first.

"With Elena, too." Stefan added. Ariana slowly walked to the bottom of the stairs to shout up them.

"Elena! Come down!"

A few seconds later, Elena came down the stairs and looked confused to see all three Salvatores there.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.