22 - I'm Thinking Of You All The While

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 22: I'm Thinking Of You All The While
Word Count: 6487

The wedding ceremony had descended into chaos, and people were screaming across the room. Some of the attendees of the party were already dead, and many more were injured or dying. Damon was kneeling on the floor at the front of the altar, where he was clutching Ariana's unconscious body against his lap and desperately trying to awaken her.

"Ana? Baby?" But Ariana remained unconscious and limp in his arms. "Come on. Hey, wake up. Ana?!" Damon bit his wrist and tried to feed Ariana vampire blood, but she was not conscious to be able to actively drink it. "Come on, just drink it." Ariana continued to remain still. "No!" Damon became distraught and started looking around for the others. "Guys?!" Stefan, Elena, Nathan, and Caroline all hurried over and saw Damon clutching Ariana's unconscious body. Their eyes widen in alarm. Damon slowly looked up at all of them, his blue eyes flooding with tears. "She won't wake up! She won't wake up. I don't understand!"

"Just get her to the hospital, now." Stefan instructed.

"Yeah." Damon scooped Ariana up in his arms and vamp sped away.

---

Matt had just walked into the parlour of the Salvatore House, where he found Bonnie sitting on the couch with a horrified expression on her face.

"Bonnie, let's go. We got to get to the hospital." Matt spoke. Bonnie sat numbly on the couch, overwhelmed by something. Matt walked towards her and looked at her with concern. "What's wrong?" He realized that Bonnie was holding the camera she brought back from her time in the 1994 Prison World. "What is that?"

On the back of the camera, there was a post-it note that says: 'Watch me! :)'.

"I found it in the kitchen." Bonnie told. She handed the camera to Matt, who took it from her and pressed the play button. Kai's face appeared on the screen, and he smirked in satisfaction as he addressed the camera.

"All this time travel has been hard on the camera, Bon. There it is. Yay! You saw the post-it. This message will self-destruct in ten seconds. Kidding. Anywho, you're probably wondering why you're still alive, since I should have bled you out, one painful ounce at a time. I mean, that's what you deserved. You left me behind in 1903, which I did not appreciate, but I guess you forgot about that old Canadian rock filled with Bennett blood. Anyway, even though I got out, now I kind of just want to make you suffer, in new and — if I may say so myself — totally inspired ways."

"What is this?" Matt wondered, horrified.

"Keep watching." Bonnie advised sadly. So, they continued watching the camera.

"So, Bonster, I linked princess' life to yours. The rule is — as long as you're alive, princess will remain asleep. She makes one stunning sleeping beauty."

"Oh, my god..." Matt gasped in disbelief, but the video only continued to play.

"And oh, please don't go looking for some weird witchy work-around, because as the incredibly-powerful leader of the Gemini's, I rigged this so that if you do try to outsmart it, both you and princess will die instantly, and I'd really rather not have princess die on me. I guess what I'm trying to say is your betrayal really hurt me, Bon. So, this is kind of all your fault."

Matt put the camera away and looked at Bonnie in fear and concern.

"You have to get out of town now, Bon."

"I'm not letting Kai win!"

"Bon, Ari is the only thing that Damon Salvatore cares about. He'll kill you!" Matt exclaimed. "You have to get out of here now."