11 - You Made a Choice to Be Good

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 11: You Made a Choice to Be Good
Word Count: 2389

Skylar and Enzo were currently on their way to dump off the Maxwell bell. Skylar let out a groan, holding her head as Enzo ran over some rubble in the road, causing the bell in the back of the truck to ring.

"Sorry, love." Enzo apologized. "Peter Maxwell's truck is in dire need of shock absorbers. You all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured. "Just a supernatural ringing in my ears. That fork-bell combo packs a nasty psychic punch."

"Yeah, those tie-down straps must have come loose." Enzo shot Skylar a look. "We'll stop up ahead and fix them, and we'll be rid of that noisy bell, and this borrowed car, in no time. Where is this secret hiding place of yours, anyway?"

"It's a surprise." Skylar affirmed, a small smile forming on her face.

"Okay... all right." Enzo mumbled, focusing back on the road. Skylar's phone buzzed, causing her to open up her text from Bonnie, viewing the image she sent over.

"Oh my God.." She let out a laugh.

"What?" Enzo badgered.

"Bonnie and Caroline found their sixth grade bucket-lists." Skylar leaned her head back against the headrest, turning to look at Enzo. "What's on your bucket list?"

"You know, I never thought to make one. Being immortal and all." Enzo addressed, looking back over at Skylar. "FOMO really isn't in the vampire vocabulary."

"Can't judge you there. Never made one, either. 'Being immortal and all'." Skylar mocked Enzo's previous words, causing him to chuckle.

---

Let's just say... the talk of bucket lists and them never making theirs had led Enzo and Skylar to spontaneously decide on things they wanted to do, making bucket lists on the spot. At the moment, they were achieving one of Enzo's bucket list requests: Enzo was driving a racing car while Skylar was cheering for him.

Once he was finished, he got out and rushed over to Skylar, picking her up and spinning her around cheerfully.

"That was unbelievable! I should've done this long ago!"

"Happy is a good look on you." Skylar smiled lovingly.

"Eh, doesn't take much. Fast car, beautiful girl. I'm a cliché." Enzo chuckled. "Your turn now, love. What's on yours?"

"Um... Skydiving has some appeal." Skylar shrugged. "I think there's a place about an hour away."

"Hey." Enzo gently grabbed Skylar's hand. "What's really on your mind?"

"If we're both gonna take the cure, if we're gonna become human, I just want to make sure there's nothing either of us missed out on." Skylar sighed.

"Not if we take the cure. When. Do you not know me at all, Skylar Salvatore? If I say I'll do a thing, I'll do it, and you're doing it with me! You know, considering being human was your idea and all." Enzo stated, right before he pulled Skylar into a sweet kiss. "But... Skydiving it is, if that is what you want to do. After one more go-round in this beauty."

Skylar laughed as she watched Enzo get back into the racing car.

---

Skylar and Enzo had finally arrived at their destination.

"Well, all things considered, I think we made good time." He looked up at the large building. "I don't remember either of our lists including 'start a B&B in upstate New York'."