18 - I Never Could Love Like That

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 18: I Never Could Love Like That
Word Count: 2676

It was late, and the Scull Bar had just closed for the night. A bartender had almost finished cleaning up before he could go home for the night, and just as he shut off the lights, he heard a whooshing sound behind him. When he turned around, the chair he had just stacked on top of the table was back on the floor, which confused him.

"Okay..." He put the chair back up on the table, but when he turned around, a liquor bottle had been knocked over on the bar by an invisible invisible force, and the alcohol was pouring itself all over the floor. "Oh, come on!" He walked toward the bar. "Okay, who's messing with me? Chris, are you up there?" He paused, but got no answer. "Dick!" He started to clean up the spilled alcohol when suddenly, the body of his coworker Chris was dropped onto a nearby table from above. His throat was bloody, and he was clearly dead. "Oh, God! Chris? Chris!"

Out of nowhere, a male voice called out to the bartender. It was Stefan.

"Boo!" He shook his head in disappointment just as both Caroline and Ariana appeared on the steps to the upper level, looking offended.

"Are you booing us?" Caroline scoffed.

"Boo!"

"You're the one who chose guys against girls! Too bad that you're a sore loser without a partner." Ariana pointed out.

"We scared him!" Caroline turned to the bartender. "We scared you, right? Me with the whole chair-flipping, and Ari with the bottle thing?"

"Who are you people?" The bartender whimpered, scared.

"Oh! I'm Caroline! This is Ariana and Stefan." Caroline gestured to the other two, who both waved to him. She then pointed to Chris' body. "And that? Mmm... was delicious."

"Couldn't agree more." Ariana smirked, licking her lips of leftover blood. She turned to Stefan and held out her hand. "Taste!" Stefan went over and licked some blood off of Ariana's fingers.

"Mmm!"

"What's going on?" The bartender asked, shakily.

"Well, Caroline, Ariana, and I had a little bet that they would scare you to death. You know, the girls against the guy, two against one and all that." Stefan shrugged. "But, you have to understand, this is Caroline's first time messing with somebody, so she didn't realize the whole 'dead body shock-drop' thing is a complete cliché."

"Cliché? This guy was my friend!" The bartender exclaimed angrily.

"Well, then why aren't you freaking out? A panic attack? A heart attack? Come on, give us something." Ariana rolled her eyes impatiently. The bartender did start to freak out, to the point that he tried to run away, but Ariana vamp sped over to him and blocked his path, staring him deeply in the eyes as she did so. "I don't think you heard me. You're having a heart attack!"

"What are you...?" But then, the bartender started to groan and cough painfully. "My... my chest. What's happening?"

"She's cheating. That's what's happening!" Stefan complained, causing Ariana to send him a smirk and a wink.

"Please, help me!" The bartender gasped.

"Alright, just relax." Stefan sighed nonchalantly. "It's mental. You only think you're having a heart attack."

"Ooh, I want to have a go!" Caroline squealed before turning to the bartender. "Now your throat's tightening! You can't breathe!" She giggled gleefully as the bartender fell to his knees and gasped desperately for breath. "Oh, my God! Are those spiders all over your body?"