8 - 162 Candles

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 8: 162 Candles
Word Count: 3417

Ariana's POV

Matt, Stefan, Jeremy, Elena and I were all asked to come down to the station to be questioned by Sheriff Forbes about Vicki.

Questions like: 'When and where did you last see Vicki?' and 'Do you know why Vicki left in the first place?'

I gave answers like: 'Last night. She talked to me at the Halloween party at school before she went to find Jeremy to tell him that she was leaving.' and 'No. She never told me why she was leaving, and I didn't press any further on the subject.'

Jenna came to collect Jeremy, Elena and I at the station to give us a lift home. The four of us exited the building. We saw Stefan waiting outside, probably for Elena.

"Um... Please wait for me in the car. I'll be there in a sec." Elena told us. We nodded and headed for the car. Jenna climbed into the driver's seat, I got into the passenger's seat and Jeremy sat in one of the back seats while we waited for Elena.

After maybe five minutes or less, Elena opened the car door and climbed into the back beside Jeremy. Jenna started up the car and drove us home, making small talk all the way back.

---

It was getting boring in my room... I decided to go and watch TV. I went downstairs. Elena was sitting on the sofa, Jenna was leaning against the counter, and Jeremy was... Jeremy was doing homework! I looked from Jeremy to Jenna with wide eyes and she nodded with raised eyebrows, gesturing to Jeremy to indicate that she was just as shocked as I was.

Jeremy barely ever did homework. And when he did, he'd do it at the very last minute! Elena always does her homework straight away, and I do mine somewhere in the middle.

---

Knock, knock, knock!

I groaned. It was the next morning.

"Ana?" I groaned again, hiding my face in my pillow. I recognised the voice as Bonnie. "Are you awake?"

"No." I mumbled, my voice coming out muffled from my pillow. I felt Bonnie sit at the edge of my bed.

"Come on!! You need to help me wake up Elena!" Bonnie exclaimed. I yawned and slowly sat up. After a few seconds of yawning and stretching, I smiled a small smile.

"Morning, Bon..." I whispered. She smiled back at me and I stood up. We walked over to Elena's room. Bonnie knocked once, but no answer. We pushed open the door and found Elena asleep in bed. I smirked and jumped onto the bed, startling Elena awake. "Wakey Wakey, sister!" I giggled.

"Ariana!" Elena whined. I giggled once more, grabbed Elena's hands and pulled her into a sitting position. Bonnie and I both sat on her bed with her.

"You should've called me back! I tried calling both of you." Bonnie said.

"Sorry." Elena muttered, yawning.

"We're worried about you, Elena. You can't stay here forever." I told her. She fell backwards on her pillows and frowned slightly.

"Agreed. Tell us what's going on with you." Bonnie added on.

"Stefan and I are... No longer together." Elena stated.

"I'm so sorry, Elena." Bonnie whispered. Elena sat up once again. "Want me to get your mind off of it?" Bonnie questioned, Elena nodded. I moved over to sit beside Elena as Bonnie grabbed a pillow and pulled out all of the feathers from inside of it, scattering them onto the bed.