3 - Friday Night Bites

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites
Word Count: 3792

Caroline's POV

My eyelids fluttered open and my first thought was 'where am I?' But then last night's events all came rushing back to me and I shot up in the bed and gasped. There was a mirror right in front of the comfy bed that I spent the night on, and that's when I saw my neck that was covered in blood on the left side, bite marks clear in all of the blood.

I looked to my right, and there it was. Or he was. Damon was sleeping silently, he was the one who did this to me! He was a monster.

I silently stood out of the bed on my tiptoes, trying my hardest to not make the floorboards creak. I made sure that my breathing wasn't that loud and went towards the door, terrified that I'll wake Damon up. I gently put my hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly.

But when I slowly and quietly pushed open the door, it creaked loudly. I held my breath in fear and turned to see if Damon was still asleep. I turned back to the door, but then I felt someone behind me and a shadow towered over me. I span back around, only to see Damon standing there. My knees grew weak and wobbly.

I backed away towards the bed. I grabbed the first thing that I felt, which was the lamp on the bedside table.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Damon warned, but it was too late. I swung the lamp, hitting him across the face. That only made him angrier and he snapped his head towards me again.

I tripped and fell backwards onto the bed, I grabbed a pillow, but before I could do something with it as defense, Damon grabbed the pillow out of my hand and threw it across the room. Veins began appearing under his eyes again and his fangs appeared. He launched at me.

---

Ariana's POV

Bonnie drove Elena and I to school as usual. She parked the car and we all hopped out. I rolled my eyes as Bonnie and Elena continued to bicker.

Bonnie didn't like Elena's new boyfriend, Stefan, too much and has a bad feeling about him, but Elena says that she trusts him. I didn't want to get in the middle of it so I didn't give my opinion. I didn't know if I trusted Stefan or not. But then Stefan himself approached us.

"Elena, Ana, Bonnie." Stefan greeted us.

Bonnie excused herself and hurried off after giving Stefan one suspicious glance. I heard Elena sigh.

"She just doesn't know you yet! She's my best friend, after Ariana, so she's a bit protective of me." Elena stated.

"Yeah, and so am I. So Stefan, if you hurt Elena, I'll break your neck." I threatened. Stefan nodded, I smirked. "I'll see you later." I told Elena, then left her to talk with her boyfriend. I found Bonnie with Caroline. "Hey Bon."

I was still a little mad at Caroline for throwing herself at boys.

"Hey Ana." Bonnie replied.

"What happened back there with Stefan? Why do you not like him?" I questioned.

"It's nothing! It's just a bad feeling that I get when I'm around him!" Bonnie exclaimed.

"Um... Hi Ariana." Caroline whispered. Oops, forgot she was standing there. I ignored her. "Ari, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'll see you in class, Bon." I muttered, then strode off to my locker.

---

History class with the cruel Mr Tanner. Elena and Stefan were whispering to eachother but I couldn't hear what they were whispering about. I had to hold in a laugh when Mr Tanner asked Elena a question, but she was too busy talking to Stefan to know what the question was or what the answer was.