17 - Because the Night

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 17: Because the Night
Word Count: 2712

No one's POV

Ariana and Damon walked down a crowded street in New York.

"You dragged me all the way to New York because you were feeling nostalgic?" Ariana scoffed in frustration.

"No, I dragged you to New York because in a matter of three days, you managed to piss off everyone in Mystic Falls." Damon pointed out. "A little more difficult to do in a city of millions."

"I was hungry." Ariana rolled her eyes, tucking some hair behind her ear and pulling her top down a little to reveal more of her cleavage. Seducing people were the best ways to find human prey, obviously.

"You were reckless." Damon corrected, trying so hard not to look at Ariana's chest, knowing that'd only make her ego grow, as well as her pride and satisfaction.

"Emotionless. There's a difference." Ariana reminded.

"Look, all that matters is that when I lived here, I fed like crazy, and had a blast, and went undetected for years." Damon informed.

"So...we're just here to have fun?" Ariana stopped walking, forcing Damon to stop and face her. "What's the catch?"

"There's no catch. Look, you wanted out, I got you out. You wanted to feed, I brought you to a city-sized, all-you-can-eat buffet. That's the beauty of New York — there's so much life that a little death goes unnoticed." Damon stated.

"There won't be much life left if I'm in town." Ariana smirked, raising her eyebrows suggestively, hinting that she wasn't going to stop hunting and feeding until the people from New York were extinct.

"You do you." Damon sighed. "Come on, let's go get some lunch."

---

Ariana needed a change. A way to move forward with her life and forget about her old self. She wanted something new to represent her life as a vampire.

So, seeing a hairdresser's down the road, it seemed like the quickest and simplest place to go for a new style.

And after re-emerging from the place only an hour or so later, Ariana already felt like the old her was slipping away.

She was no longer 'Ariana; sweet and innocent human slash doppelgänger'. She was now 'Ari; emotionless and badass vampire'.

After many minutes of trying to decide if she wanted a natural colour, Ariana went with colouring most of her hair blue, leaving only the top as her normal brown.

She saw Damon nearby on the phone, so she started to walk over to him with her new hot hairstyle

Smirking to herself, Ariana knew that she was going to enjoy New York.