8 - Fade Into You

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 8: Fade Into You
Word Count: 1645

A/N: I'm sorry that it's been 3 days since I've updated! I've been really stressed out lately since I literally have GCSEs in just under 4 weeks, and for the British folk out there, you would understand why I am FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT! So, I might not be able post every day for a while. Hope y'all understand!
-L

---

"I'm a vampire."

"I don't know. Maybe a little less emphasis on vampire." Caroline advised as Elena was preparing how she was going to tell Liam what she was.

"I'm... a vampire." Elena murmured. "I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it."

"Well, maybe Liam will stop digging into Lady Whitmore's miraculous recovery, and you won't have to come clean." Ariana shrugged, setting the table for their thanksgiving dinner that they were hosting.

"Or he'll keep digging, realize that I force-fed her my vampire blood, and then just bail." Elena shot back with a frustrated sigh.

"Okay. You know all of this can go away with one fell mind wipe." Caroline reminded, and Elena glanced at her.

"So lie, and lie... again, and again, and again." But before anyone could reply, Jo walked in. Elena turned to face her. "Jo!"

"Where's Alaric?" Ariana asked her sister's boss.

"Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend." Jo replied.

---

Ariana was on the phone with Alaric.

"You can't miss Friends-giving. I mean, Matt and Jeremy are already cleaning up the whole Tripp mess, and Caroline's mom has to work. We're already low on friends as it is."

"Well, if it's any consolation, our Thanksgiving was roadside chili. But listen... Damon lied about Bonnie's whereabouts. She is where he was, in the prison world."

"What do you mean Bonnie's in the prison world? Damon said that she wasn't there, that she found peace. Why didn't he tell me this?"

"He didn't want to get your hopes up. He honestly thought Bonnie died trying to free him. If she sent her Teddy bear over, it could mean she's still--"

"Bonnie's still alive? Oh, my God!"

"Yeah. So we're in Portland right now, trying to track down some Gemini thing."

"This is amazing."

But as they drew the conversation to a close and Ariana hung up the phone, she was oblivious to the two girls behind her who had listened in on the entire phone conversation.

"Bonnie's alive?"

Ariana span around to see Caroline and Elena stood there. And as Ariana nodded, they all laughed and smiled ecstatically.

---

"All right!" Caroline marched into the room, sliding into her seat at the head of the table. "If everyone could gather around the table at their assigned seats, then, um--"

She was interrupted by Luke walking in.

"Oh. Sorry I'm late."

"--We will each share something that we are thankful for in 100 words or less." Caroline continued, not appreciating Luke's interruption. "So--"

But, once again, Luke interrupted her.

"Uh, anyone want to see some embarrassing baby videos of Liv?"