7 - Death and the Maiden

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 7: Death and the Maiden
Word Count: 3589

Nathan's POV

I was in my bed, asleep. I heard Elena's voice whisper, sounding distant, as her gorgeous voice whispered my name over and over again. My eyes shot open and I sat up to see Elena sat on the edge of my bed. She was holding a cup of coffee.

"Morning." She sent me a hesitant smile. "I made coffee. How did you sleep?"

"Ohh... not great." I replied.

"First night back in your own bed. Not as comfy as Tessa's couch, huh?" Elena chuckled, offering the coffee to me.

"If we're gonna talk about Tessa, I think I'm gonna need that caffeine." I took the coffee and had a sip. "So, uh, what's with the wake up call?"

"I miss you." Elena admitted quietly. "When you lost your memories, I lost the love of my life, and I was thinking instead of just describing how much we meant to each other, maybe we could just start fresh. Hi, I'm Elena."

"We were in Chicago with Klaus." I whispered, making Elena's eyes grow wide.

"What...?"

"The night I realised just how much I was in love with you. Klaus had left us alone at Gloria's, and I'd asked you to dance to fill the time. Our emotions were off so we didn't show anything emotionally. But as we danced... the desire to kiss you was so strong, that I just... did it. And thus, our love story began." Nathan reminisced.

"Wait. Hang on. How do you remember that?" Elena asked, surprised.

"Because our memories are back." A different voice cut in. From my bed, both me and Elena looked over to see Stefan stood in the doorway. He'd gotten his memories back, too.

"Really? Are you serious?" Elena gasped. "How?"

"Tessa and Alice came here last night and she undid whatever spell fried our brains and it's all back. We can remember everything." Stefan stated.

"Guys, this is great!" Elena grinned happily. "This is amazing!"

---

No one's POV

Stefan, Elena, Nathan, Ariana, and Damon were sitting downstairs, and Damon was testing Stefan's and Nathan's memories.

"October 1852?"

"You broke Stef's nose trying to teach us how throw a right hook." Nathan remembered.

"But not on purpose. Just to be clear." Damon defended, making Ariana giggle. Damon then smirked, turning to Stefan. "How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle you ride?"

"That's a trick question." Stefan responded. "You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive."

"So, Tessa and Alice just gave you guys back your memories, no strings attached." Damon scoffed, not fully believing it.

"Well it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in at once." Nathan pointed out. Just as he said that, Stefan froze and tensed up beside him, a distant look entering his eyes.

"Stef?" Ariana frowned in concern. Stefan held his glass a little too tight and it broke in his hand.

"Whoa! Easy there, buddy." Damon murmured.

"Stefan, where did you go?" Elena asked, also worried.

"All that and I still can't remember my own strength." Stefan commented quietly. They all heard a sound coming from the basement.