22 - Founder's Day

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 22: Founder's Day
Word Count: 3989

Ariana's POV

I was almost finished getting ready. I had straightened my hair, put on a little makeup that made my eyes darker and my lips glossier, and had a really uncomfortable dress on that made me look like a girl from the civil war era.

As I looked into the mirror, I groaned while adjusting the long, uncomfortable dress.

"This dress hurts." I complained to Jenna, putting on my vervain necklace.

"Suck it in, baby." Jenna chuckled while tying my corset strings and making sure I looked okay at the back.

It was Founder's Day! As I was part of the Founder's court, I had to be on the Miss Mystic Falls section in the parade with the other members, including Miss Mystic Falls, Caroline, obviously.

Caroline was having Matt as her partner in the parade, and Nathan was mine.

---

I walked through the Town Square. Elena had gone to find Bonnie, so I was wandering around, trying to find either Caroline or Nathan. Until I saw Nathan talking with Damon.

Damon looked over Nathan's shoulder at me, and his eyes widened, his mouth opening slightly in shock. Nathan turned around as well, and when he saw me, he also looked shocked.

I smirked, glad that I was getting that reaction, and then I lifted the front of my dress up, curtsying like they did in the civil war era. I giggled at how silly I probably looked, then walked up to them.

---

"John!?" I questioned in disbelief. Damon had wandered off, and Nathan needed to talk to me about something important... he was convinced that John was mine and Elena's biological father... "Is... is that even possible?"

"Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Nathan stated.

"My whole life, I've never liked this man. Elena doesn't like him just as much as me!" I mentioned. "I..." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you in some typically inappropriate way." Nathan said.

"No, I'm happy that you told me." I sent him a soft smile. "I just... I really hope that it's not true. What am I supposed to do? The man that I've always called my Uncle is now mine and Elena's father? Do I just... confront him with Elena and say 'are you our biological father?'"

"I guess when you're ready." Nathan whispered softly.

"I'm never gonna be ready." I frowned. "Nathan, I have enough problems with the family that I actually care about."

"I know, I know..." Nathan brushed my straightened her behind my ear, then pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

---

I was walking around, but then stopped when my name was called.

"Ari!"

Turning, I spotted Caroline, Bonnie and Matt. Caroline was the one who called my name, and she was waving me over. Smiling, I approached them.

"What's up?"

"Come here! I want to get a picture with you!" Caroline grinned. I chuckled.

"Anything for you, Miss Mystic Falls." I teased. Caroline giggled and grabbed my hand, pulling me over to her. We turned to Matt and Bonnie. Bonnie held the camera while Matt just watched.