22 - Gods and Monsters

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 22: Gods and Monsters
Word Count: 2343

A/N: LAST CHAPTER OF THIS SEASON! JUST ONE MORE SEASON TO GO AFTER THIS!!

---

Skylar and Bonnie were catching up to Caroline and Stefan since Caroline was marked.

"So what's it like when you see them?" Bonnie wondered curiously. Skylar had found some rope in the car and, after Bonnie wouldn't shut up, she used the tope to tie Bonnie to the passenger's seat, hoping that it'd make her pipe down, but also so she could use the Bennett as a kind of leverage.

"I get snippets of conversations. Some visuals. But mostly, I can feel them. Their emotions." Skylar informed. "They're scared. And they should be. The urges are getting stronger... I can feel it taking over. I don't want to hurt them. I don't want to hurt my dad!" She looked distressed, slowly losing control as she realised how much she was giving in to the Huntress' urges.

"Then untie me. Let me help you, okay? I can stop you." Bonnie muttered softly.

"I know in my heart that I should." Skylar sighed sadly. "Sorry, Bonnie..."

But suddenly, sensing how close they were getting to Stefan's and Caroline's car, Skylar whipped out her phone and called Caroline, who answered after a long moment.

(A/N: Speaker phone layout ahead!)

C: "Skylar?"

Sk: "I need you to drive faster."

C: "Why? What happened?"

Sk: "I'm gaining on you. Tell Stefan to drive faster and don't stop."

C: "Okay. We won't stop, I promise."

B: "Skylar, I just got a text from Matt. There is a six-car pileup on eastbound 60 at Franklin Drive."

Sk: "Tell me we're not on 60."

St: "We're on 60."

Sk: "...Dad?"

St: "Hey, sweetie. Um... I don't think now's really the time for a catch-up with my murderous daughter."

Sk: "Right..."

St: "I got this."

C: "Stefan?"

Sk: "Why do I feel you getting closer?"

St: "All you have to do is let us drive by you, sweetie."

Sk: "I can't do that."

St: "Yes, you can."

B: "No, she can't!"

St: "Come on... Sky."

Sk: "I'm sorry, dad..."

Skylar was heading straight towards Stefan's car, planning for a head on collision, when out of nowhere, Bonnie was finally able to break free from the rope bindings. She lunged forward and yanked on the stirring wheel, forcing Skylar off the road and down an embankment into the woods at the last possible second. The car crashed into a tree, sparing Caroline and Stefan, saved by Bonnie.

---

Skylar was seeing visions of a phone conversation that was going on between Caroline and Alaric.

"Bonnie? Bon, are you okay?" She questioned. Bonnie groaned as she woke up from hitting the dash board. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just stuck." Bonnie grunted in pain. "How about you? Are you okay?"

"Of course I am. Because if I were dead, then this would all be over and everyone could go back to their lives. But we're not that lucky." Skylar sighed sadly.