7 - The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 7: The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You
Word Count: 1503

Dear Ana,

This might be my last entry. There may be no tomorrow. So, the present I'm giving myself this Christmas is the present... today.

To get the twins back, I made a deal with the devil. At midnight, I have to leave my life behind. Even though I just pledged it to Caroline forever. If I can't find a way out of this, please remind her... I tried. I did everything I could to get back to her.

- S.Salvatore (A/N: Stefan, not Skylar)

---

Skylar and Enzo were in bed and she was unwrapping her present from him.

"Ah, I love it." It was a souvenir of La Tour Eiffel. "I can totally use this to keep all my papers from blowing away."

"I'm taking you to Paris, silly witch!" Enzo laughed at his girlfriend's cluelessness. Skylar squealed joyfully, hugging Enzo tightly. "Say the word and we're off."

They kissed, but they were sadly interrupted by Skylar's phone ringing. When she saw that it was Caroline, she sat up and answered the call. She put it on speaker so Enzo could hear, too.

S: "I'm sorry. I know we're late."

C: "Thank goodness. Don't come. It's Damon. He's here with that psycho American Idol reject. Enzo cannot be around her... and don't even get me started on what Matt and Ric just tried to pull."

S: "What do Sybil and uncle Damon want?"

C: "To ruin Christmas, I don't know. But they promised to leave my kids alone and I don't want a war. I just hope that they leave soon."

E: "Well, what about the tuning fork?"

S: "She stole it from us."

E: "Yeah, well, let's steal it back."

S: "From where? For all we know it's in the trunk of her car."

E: "It disrupts her psychic power and it hurts like hell. She won't be carrying it around with her. It's probably stashed where she's staying."

S: "We have no idea where that is."

C: "I can try to find out."

S: "She's not gonna just tell you."

C: "She might. Let me call you back."

---

Caroline had eventually called Skylar back.

"There's a McMansion neighborhood called the Pond Estates. It's somewhere outside of Grove Hill."

"Okay. We'll look it up. Are you guys okay?"

"It is insane around here. Sybil wants to be my bestie, Lizzie and Josie keep asking about Seline, and I'm pretty sure Stefan's just off hiding somewhere, and..."

"Caroline? Caroline?"

"I need another gift box."

---

Hours later, Skylar and Enzo had finally made it to the dreaded Pond Estates.

"You sure this is it?" Skylar questioned, inspecting the exterior of the house.

"Four houses had pools. Only one had lights on. Call it intuition?" Enzo shot Skylar a smirk before he nodded to the door. "Do the honors?"

Skylar nodded, gripping the doorknob tightly. She swung the door open, going to take a step forward, only to be restricted by an invisible barrier, causing her to lose her balance.