1 - Pilot

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 1: Pilot
Word Count: 4280

First chapter: Reeling from the death of their parents, two 17-year-olds Elena and Ariana meet a handsome new student named Stefan. One of the two girls begins falling for him, but both girls are completely unaware that Stefan's hiding a big secret.

Ariana's POV

Dear Diary,

I'm writing this because my sister has encouraged me to. She says it helps, so I'm giving it a go. I just need to get everything off of my chest, everything that I've kept bottled up inside.

I want today to be a fresh start, that's all any girl wants. Well, any girl who has lost their parents. We need to start afresh and try our hardest to get through the pain.

The only reason why I'm dreading this school day is because I don't think I'll be able to handle the sympathetic looks that I'll get. Yes, I'm an orphan. People need to get over it. I have my twin sister, my little brother and my Aunt, who has become our legal guardian.

I'll be fine.

- A.Gilbert

I closed my diary and let out a deep sigh, then jumped out of bed. I found a nice, simple outfit to wear to school that makes me look confident so it showed people that I'm alright. I put on a decent amount of makeup. Which was lip gloss, mascara, eye liner and blusher.

I went downstairs, into the kitchen, and glanced at the TV. Another animal attack, no witnesses. As usual! I rolled my eyes and switched the TV off. Jeremy, my little brother, and Elena, my twin sister, were already in the kitchen.

Aunt Jenna was fussing around. I don't blame her for rushing about, she's young and new at the whole guardian thing.

I made three mugs of coffee and handed one to Elena and one to Jeremy. They both thanked me. I was the one who took care of my siblings when Jenna sometimes couldn't, I was the eldest so it was my job. Apparently, I'm three minutes older than Elena.

"Oh great, I'm going to be late for the presentation." Jenna mumbled, glancing down at her watch. She pulled out her hair and ran her fingers through it like a brush.

"Go, we'll be fine." I assured Jenna. She smiled gratefully at me, said goodbye to the three of us, picked up her handbag and quickly left. I turned to my siblings. "So, what do you guys want for breakfast?"

"Toast will be fine. Thanks A." Elena smiled at me. I smiled back, then turned to Jeremy.

"Do you want toast too Jer?" I asked. He shook his head no, drinking his coffee.

"I'm going to be late to school." Jeremy muttered. He put his coffee mug on the counter after finishing it, picked up his rucksack and left. School didn't start for a while. I turned to Elena.

"Is he okay?" I questioned. Elena looked seriously at me.

"None of us are okay. That's why we need eachother now more than ever." Elena said. I nodded in agreement and began making some toast for us.

---

Bonnie gave Elena and I a ride to school, like she did every morning. Bonnie was our best friend and we were grateful as Elena and I hadn't driven a car since mum and dad died. I sat in the back seat of Bonnie's car and Elena sat in the passenger's seat.

"Do you wanna know what my Grams said? Apparently I'm psychic. How cool would that be!?" Bonnie grinned. She knew how sad we've been lately and has been trying everything to get us to cheer up. I love Bonnie, she's an amazing friend.